• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk 10.4 migration to Plesk 11

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
Hello, i have some old server with low RAM, etc. and i want to migrate all websites on new server where i installed Plesk 11.0.9. When i'm trying to do the migration, i'm getting error:

Error: The version of Plesk Migration Agent running on the remote host is older than the version of Plesk Migration Manager being currently used. Please install Plesk Migration Manager components of the same version.

Latest version of migration panel i found is 10.4 and i tryed to install it, but still same error.

So my question is: Is it even possible to do migration from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9?

I found both this articles by myself, and as i mention, i downloaded migration agent from official plesk pages (link you provided) and still there was error

Error: The version of Plesk Migration Agent running on the remote host is older than the version of Plesk Migration Manager being currently used. Please install Plesk Migration Manager components of the same version.

Anyway, thanks for help.

Have you tried to troubleshoot it? Any results, details, logs, error messages, etc?

First i had problem with connection to the source host, but i solved that problem with installing/starting service migration agent. After that i was getting error:

Where i tryed:
- install Migration Agent from plesk official pages:
http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/utilities/
- install it from plesk itself (tools & services -> migration manager) - there is option to download migration agent
- i even tryed to copy agent from Plesk 11 from new server (i though - oh well, there is latest plesk with latest migration, maybe there is also the latest migration agent, but still, zero result)

So what i did is, i tryed to upgrade windows plesk from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 which of course didn't pass without errors, so i'm trying to deal with that atm. Plesk is not working, i'm trying to install last component (System Monitor Health). I'm getting following error:

Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/health-monitoring.msi: completed.
Installing packages
upgrading System Health Monitor package...
MSI: Error! This product requires .Net Framework 2.0 to be installed
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\health-monitoring.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'upgrade: upgrading System Health Monitor package...' of package 'health-monitoring' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

When i enter in ISS Manager i can see framework 2 in Application Pool + i can see .net framework 2.0 SP2 in Web Platform Installer. I also tryed to manually run this setup:

C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\health-monitoring.msi

And it's really complaining about framework.

I will reply here later, currently there is other person connected to remote, so i can't check logs.

Back