• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 consuming a lot of RAM

DeryckO

New Pleskian
Hi, I have updated to Plesk 10.3 from Plesk 10.1. After that the system gets unstable.

When I try to enter Plesk give me error and when I check memory usage I get this list

Plesk error: 500 - Internal Server Error.

The Memory usage:

PID | private/writ. mem |command 09:23:32
| current | previous |(truncated) (waiting 15 min.)
1488 | 305.3 MB | +++++ |/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd-f/etc/sw-cp-server/config
5413 | 201.1 MB | +++++ |/usr/libexec/mysqld -basedir=/usr -datadir=/var/lib/mysql -user=mysql -log-error=/var/log/my
13394 | 54.2 MB | +++++ |/usr/sbin/httpd
15818 | 51.9 MB | +++++ |spamd child
15817 | 51.9 MB | +++++ |/usr/bin/spamd -username=popuser -daemonize -nouser-config -helper-home-dir=/var/qmail -max
13470 | 23.6 MB | ++++ |/usr/bin/php-cgi-c/var/www/vhosts/blogdejesus.com/etc/php.ini
17483 | 16.3 MB | +++ |/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi-c/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini-dauto_prepend_file=auth.php3-ups
17482 | 16.3 MB | +++ |/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi-c/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini-dauto_prepend_file=auth.php3-ups
17481 | 16.3 MB | +++ |/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi-c/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini-dauto_prepend_file=auth.php3-ups
RAM usage: =========================================== 85.9 %

Thats a lot of memory.

¿How can I fix?

Thanks in advance.

We've found that any version of Plesk 10 needs to be restarted regularly to avoid that error, even when not running low on memory. We just put it in a cron job to run weekly.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm not a "pro" in this issues. Can you give me more info about plesk restart with cron please?

Regards.

Back