• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 Dedicated IPs and Subscriptions

geeza@

Basic Pleskian
hey guys, I've been sitting on the sidelines watching the last couple of Plesk 10 releases. We are predominantly an e-commerce hosting provider and the new subscription model poses some questions for us (i've tried to interpret the manual on this but I'm still not sure). Looking at the way we currently provide our shared hosting packages I'm not sure how we would use Plesk 10 to provide the same service we currently do to our clients. Our top shared hosting package allows for 5 websites to be hosted in the client account (currently we're running Plesk 8.6) and it is not uncommon that more than 2 of those domain names will have 2 dedicated ip's for ssl certificates.

As I interpret it, the new subscription model appears to only allow 1 ip for the subscription so obviously the above package would not fit into a standard subscription. So I guess my question is, how is the best way to provide a 5 domain shared package with more than 1 dedicated ip in Plesk 10? Would this package have to be created as one of the new Plesk 10 reseller accounts or is there a way to do additional ip's with addons and standard subscriptions? Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Seems That Way

Just ran into this problem this morning this is indeed a major issue not being able to add ip's to a subscription.

I too ran into this problem, just last night. But, I found out, it's not a problem, it's a feature.

Certificates have never included the IP in the certificate. You've always been able to change the IP for a domain and still run the same certificate.

On Plesk 10 you also do not need a dedicated IP for a certificate. AND, browsers do not need for the certificate to be on a dedicated IP. Just create a CSR for the domain in the subscription control panel (it can be your subscription's main domain, or any of the other domains in the subscription).

If I remember correctly, the steps were -> From the subscription's control panel -> in Websites & Domains ->click Secure Your Site with SSL Certificate -> click the domain's [manage] -> click Add New Certificate -> enter a name for the cert, select the Bits (2048) click Request to generate a Private Key and the CSR -> then click on the cert name you gave it. Copy the CSR and submit it to your SSL vendor. Then get the Certificate from the SSL vendor. After submitting the Certificate on this same page where you copied the CSR, remember to go into that domain's setup and select that cert for that domain to use. (I received a warning from Plesk that the CA Certificate I submitted did not validate the Cert I submitted. I ignored that warning with no problem later).

Voila, it works. I did this for two different domains inside the same subscription, neither of which were the subscription's main domain. All browsers accept the certs with no questions asked and correct documentation when viewing the browser's interpretation of the cert.

Back