• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 Using too much RAM!

F

Faeronsayn

Hello All,

I've just switched to Plesk today, and I have no idea how it works. Surprisingly I was able to setup my website. The problem really comes in that Plesk seems to be using way too much RAM.

As you can see in this image: http://localhostr.com/file/ChoKPEz0kEPa/Caasdfasdfpture.PNG

Almost all of my 2gigs of ram has been used. What I really want to know is how I can reduce the amount of resources Plesk actually uses. Since I have plesk for only websites, I don't want to do anything else with Plesk. So if its possible, how could I disable all of the things that I am not using so they don't eat up my ram and CPU. My site is still slow, and this could be a very big reason.

Hard to tell much from that. Once you subtract out the cached, you've got about 675MB of memory that is actually being used. Can you see what processes are consuming it? Is there anything besides the website running on the server? How popular is the website?

Hard to tell much from that. Once you subtract out the cached, you've got about 675MB of memory that is actually being used. Can you see what processes are consuming it? Is there anything besides the website running on the server? How popular is the website?

Wait so the Cached memory is also "free memory " ? Also where can I check what processes are running. Also there is nothing else running besides my website on the server. Just CentOS, Plesk, and my two websites. One website currently is not even enabled the other one is running. The one that is running is not that big actually, about 100 people are online at the same time.

Back