• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.0.9 - Disable Nginx just for a specific domain

DanielRamos

New Pleskian
Hi all,

The server is a CentOS 6.3 running Plesk 11.0.9 with Update #58 on Amazon EC2.

I have some problems with Nginx (SSL and PHP session upload progress, to start..), I spent a lot of time searching to solve this problems, looks like Nginx is a little buggy with Plesk, and I think the short and easy way is to disable Nginx, but there is a problem with this too..

When I stop Nginx service, all my domains produces default plesk page (exact this problem: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115806, This solution didn't help..)
I can't keep Nginx disabled for long time to make tests because some domains can't be offline.

I can bypass nginx using por 7080 (mysite.com:7080), but it produces the same default plesk page when nginx is disabled.
I made a copy of apache virtualhost template to /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/, and changed the port to 80, regenerated the config for a specific domain (--reconfigure-domain) , but didn't work, or I didn't right. I tried a copy of nginx template with a blank configuration too, but didn't work either (was just a shot)..

Is there a way to stop nginx from listening to a specific domain?
If I make it work with one domain, I can do it for all later, but first, I need to be sure.

I'll appreciate any help, I need to stop nginx, there is always a problem with nginx that I need to solve..

Sorry any english mistake, not my main language.

Thanks

Well, basically, two services can't share a single TCP listen port (in fact, ip address+port). Therefore you can't have both Apache and nginx on port 80, if that's what you're after.

Thanks for your reply.

It makes sense..

Is there a way to configure nginx to just proxy the request, without handle it?

I don't know if I'm being clear.

Ex.:

My actual problem: I have a software, where the user can upload files, i've implemented it with php session upload progress to show the user the status progress, in my local machine it works fine without nginx, but looks like nginx handles all the request, and apache just get the upload when it is finished, apache has no information about the upload progress.

I would like to prevent nginx from handle the request.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to configure nginx to just proxy the request, without handle it?

Sorry, but I don't remember whether it is possible to do so in Plesk 11.0.9. It's definitely possible with Plesk 11.5.30 via simple configuration in Panel. Same may technically be emulated with custom templates. I'm not sure if it will actually help with your problem, though.

Back