• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 11.5.29 and horde.

GravuTrad

Regular Pleskian
I have this bug even with the bootstrapper:

Trying to upgrade Horde webmail configuration... Unable to upgrade 'horde' to the latest version, since its configuration is in broken state. Run bootstrapper repair to fix.

How to fix this please?

nb: when i try to connect to the webmail i have:
unable to get webmail passord!

Thanks.

Last edited:
This means that previous Horde upgrade sequence failed miserably.

In a more tech-speak that would mean that package scriptlet was terminated in some point in the past due to internal error (or external influence, such as manually interrupting upgrade process) and upgrade was done only half-way (that is, Horde configuration is most probably broken now).

Did you upgrade from another preview version of Plesk?

To fix this you may try to run bootstrapper.sh repair (this is mentioned a lot on these forums - search it). If it fails or does not repair Horde, post the repair log (it will be called something like /tmp/plesk-11.5.29-repair.log).

I'm in the case of /etc/psa/.webmail.shadow missing, do i apply the fix indicated for plesk 11.5.29 too? with which password?

Pretty much yes. Except path to password file may be different. And it's definitely not /etc/psa/.webmail.shadow. I can't check right now. You can use whatever password you want. I suggest using a randomly generated one.

Though I would not actually recommend it, since most probably you'll have another bunch of problems after that. Since component configuration is broken, it is unlikely it will work even if you manually set new password. Moreover, basically you will not be able to upgrade Horde in the future unless you resolve upgrader issues and lead Horde configuration into a valid state.

Bottom line: you need at least bootstrapper repair to finish successfully. Otherwise you'll have problems on the next upgrade as well.

You've previously posted some terrible issues on this forum. Maybe it's time to just transfer your content to a new clean installation of Plesk?

Last edited:
Pretty much yes. Except path to password file may be different. And it's definitely not /etc/psa/.webmail.shadow. I can't check right now. You can use whatever password you want. I suggest using a randomly generated one.

So what is it if not .webmail.shadow password file?

Thanks.

Back