• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11.5.30 Backup error for specific Domain

Florian_M

New Pleskian
One out of 40 Domains have trouble while backup:

Warning: hosting "problem-domain.de"

Failed to pack files backup_problem-domain.de_user-data_1308110011 in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/problem-domain/domains/problem-domain.de [ 420077563904 bytes free of 686561445888 bytes total on mount point 0]

Warning: hosting "problem-domain.de"

/bin/tar: Unbekannte Option „--user=problem-domain“
„tar --help“ oder „tar --usage“ gibt weitere Informationen.

Do you know wht's causing the problem? I have a file "--user=problem-domain" in the root dir after each backup...

It seems that there are invalid parameters that are passed to tar to create a backup. Need more related derails from backup logs.
What is version of microupdate you have installed?

i've installed MU 11.5.30 Update #12.

I've analyzed it in detail in found that i have a cronjob activated under this domain calling "wget [...] --user=problem-domain"
Could it be possible that this is causing the issue?

ok thank you, it's working now

Not for me. Installed fresh new system with CentOS6.4. Plesk all latest updates.
Migrated some domains/clients from 9.5.4 server.
simple Pleskbackup command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file='odysseus.dump'

This returns:
Runtime error: The backup failed with errors!

Not for me. Installed fresh new system with CentOS6.4. Plesk all latest updates.
Migrated some domains/clients from 9.5.4 server.
simple Pleskbackup command:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file='odysseus.dump'

This returns:
Runtime error: The backup failed with errors!
How it is related to initial issue described in this thread by Florian_M?

Back