• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5.30 Memory leak and qmail high cpu usage

Pierre-AlexandreT

New Pleskian
Hi,

Problem #1 : Memory usage way to high
Since upgrade from 11.0.9 to 11.5.30, I've been experiencing really high memory usage(possibly memory leaks).
Server start at 2GB/14Gb at boot and slowly increase to 14GB/14GB after a day. Have to reboot it each morning to clear memory.
I changed some websites to use fastCGI yesterday and the memory now goes at top after 6 hours(which is probably normal since fastCGi use more memory than apache_mod).
high_mem2.JPG

Problem 2 : High CPU of qmail-smtpd
I also experience big increase in CPU usage of qmail-smtpd process, which slows my server alot. It happens every 2-5 mins and last about 20-30 secs.
High Mem.JPG.
I updated my Qmail with update #2 yesterday.
My certificates should be fine too (dh512.pem and dh1024.pem in control folder).

Thank you for you help.
Cordially,

So, who ate all the memory (i.e., which processes)? What was your usual memory usage before upgrade? I trust you know how to interpret free output correctly.

Also: why not switch to Postfix? QMail is heavily outdated.

Last edited:
Memory before upgrade was 6GO and plesk used about 4-5GO at top.
Now it increases at an alarming rate. It's increasing heavily right now.
As you can see, my top with M doesn't indicate which process uses the memory. Apache's process take 10% all together and the rest goes for about 5%.
Top Memory.jpg
Here are some free -mo I took with about 20sec between each
freemo.jpg

Is it time to go in a valgrind frenzy or is there another alternative.
Thank you very much.

PS : Just with the time it took me to write this post, used memory of free is now at 13296

Hi

I have experienced same problem.
I use OpenVZ + Plesk 11.5 .

Now I have resolved this problem by updating OpenVZ.
If you use OpenVZ, then I recommend updating OpenVZ.

I think that this problem causes VM Operating System.

I am a Japanese, so please allow me to take a funny English :)

Back