• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 expiring stuff it shouldn't

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Hi there,

after migrating from 9 (old server) to 11.0 (new server) and then an upgrade to 11.5 we have many domains that expire.

We don't want that. There's over 300 domains and I don't really want to open them individually and set them to unlimited either. Don't want to reapply subscription plans as many have altered settings.

Found a CLI command to change the expiry date but on many subscriptions it doesn't alter the expiry date. As these subscriptions don't have hosting (web - they do have DNS and occasionally mail). Whilst that would seem to make sense - it does not!! If subscriptions without hosting do not have expiry dates - why do they get suspended on that date?

Why isn't the expiry date in the psa database (at least I can't find it...)? A simple single MySQL query would have been way easier than pulling all domains from MySQL and filtering them through this tool that fails to set expiry dates for domains w/o hosting - but the panel suspends them nonetheless.

We never set expiry dates on 9 (the old server). Why they are set on most subscriptions now after the migration is beyond me.

I used this command (somewhat modified from what I found in the forums):
for d in `cat /tmp/t`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -u $d -max_site -1 -max_dom_aliases -1 -max_subdom -1 -expiration -1; done

I pasted the list of domains in there.

PS many domains have a domains (max_site) value of 0 since the migration as well (these have always been unlimited). Whilst this tool doesn't allow me to set these on subscriptions without webhosting either - the webpanel does error out on it when using the customize button and I will have to set it to a non-0 value in order to set the expiry date to unlimited as well.

Any solutions? Would also like to have a query that will show me all subscriptions that still have a expiry date, but as this doesn't appear to get stored in the psa database that might be hard.

TIA

This is still an issue. To this date we have subscriptions that expire, which never had a date set in the previous set up.

The commands above did stop it from happening on subscriptions with webhosting by the way. The ones with forwarding and DNS hosting only are screwed however.

Back