• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 roundcube webmail Connection to storage server failed.

Alex, there's no MOVE in IMAP protocol. You can use SHIFT+DEL to remove the message instead of moving it to Trash or use configuration option "If moving messages to Trash fails, delete them" in Preferences/Server? settings.

That should let you delete messages even when the mailbox is full. Let me know if that helps!

You mean a user to be notified that there mailbox is over quota? If so, that should be done by plesk but unfortunately it's not yet implemented!.

BTW: About over quota delete, more info below:
This limitation can be overcome by enabling the ['delete_always'] = true; in config/main.inc.php
Code:
/**
 * 'Delete always'
 * This setting reflects if mail should be always marked as deleted,
 * even if moving to "Trash" fails. This is necessary in some setups
 * because a) people may not have a Trash folder or b) they are over
 * quota (and Trash is included in the quota).
 * This is a failover setting for iil_C_Move when a message is moved
 * to the Trash.
 */
$rcmail_config['delete_always'] = true;

Sorry once again if I am not understanding you, otherwise do you mean the sender to be notified that the recipient email address quota is full so they will not receive there email?

Hi Abdi,

I see both scripts are for advising the mailbox owner, but how about the sender not receiving the notification his email didn't reached the recipient (because of full mailbox)? Isn't it a postfix issue?

Thanks!

The much I know is that when your mailbox is full, postfix it self responds to the sender informing them of the failure to deliver the respective message ...

Hi Abdi,

No success on looking for a patch for postfix delivered on Plesk 11.5.
Any idea if there is a known problem with undelivered reply messages due to reached quota?

Thanks!

Hi there.

I'm getting the same error message when trying to log in via Roundcube ("Connection to storage server failed."). In my case, this can't have to do anything with full mailboxes. I'm still testing this whole setup and am using about 32KB of 5GB.
Fetching and sending mails via my local mail client works fine.
Also Horde works fine.
I already tried un- and re-installing Roundcube, but that also didn't fix it.
The Roundcube logs in /var/log show nothing related to this problem.

Any ideas?

I would love to know if there is a fix for this issue. It is frustrating that you either have to increase the mailbox size or manually delete emails to then be able to delete via Roundcube. Clients shouldnt have to open support tickets to reduce their mailbox size when full. They should be able to do this themselves. Any update would be much appreciated?!

Back