• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 - Wordpress - 500 error on installation of theme

Berntsen

New Pleskian
Hi

Windows setup: Plesk Panel 11.5 - Server 2012r2 - IIS 8.5 - PHP 5.3/5.4/5.5 - mySQL/MSSQL.
Server runs behind firewall (NAT). Setup with local DNS pointing all A records towards public IP.

Situation:
Installed Wordpress through Plesk applications. (mysql).

Site: http://aktivlink.no/wordpress/
Admin: http://aktivlink.no/wordpress/wp-admin (user: Parallels password: help1234)

Everything OK.

Installs themes in WP console. Everything ok.
Installs theme from file, site gets an 500 error. Sometimes installation of theme goes fine, but once activated or previewed it shows 500 error.

Help!

Error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Thank you in advanced.

I had a similar problem (server error 500) when i installed a theme on a wordpress site.
Login to your plesk panel.
Go to your domain/site.
On php settings of your site, set : open_basedir = none.
This worked for me...

Hi FotisM

Thank you for your answer. Tried that one already, didn't work. Also, tried to increase memory in php.

Hi!

I had the same problem, it was the upload_max_size and post_max_size which was too small.
I changed it in the php.ini of the server, because if i changed it in the php settings it did not work.

open_basedir did not solve your problem.
Well, if it is a wordpress problem maybe you can find out what it is by enabling the wordpress DEBUG mode, it will display warnings and notices on the page.
To enable wordpress DEBUG mode add the following lines in your wp-config.php:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

WP_DEBUG, enables debugging
WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY, displays debug information on your page
WP_DEBUG_LOG, if display not works, after calling your page/site it will create a log file containing the debug information. I cant remember where exactly that file is created, but you can find out if you search 'WP_DEBUG_LOG' on google.

Maybe that way you find the exact problem

Hi Roman-

I think you are correct. Made a php-script echoing for these values.

Script:
<?php
echo 'post_max_size = ' . ini_get('post_max_size') . "\n";
echo 'upload_max_filesize = ' . ini_get('upload_max_filesize') . "\n";
?>

Placed it on C:\inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs and result: post_max_size = 8M upload_max_filesize = 2M
Placed it on C:\inetpub\vhosts\WEBSITE\httpdocs and result: post_max_size = 8M upload_max_filesize = 10M

Tried to changed C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini to include:
post_max_size=64M
upload_max_filesize=128M

Also changed the Service Plan to match the php.ini. Refreshed the php-script. No effect and it still returns: post_max_size = 8M upload_max_filesize = 10M

I have several different Service Plans. Do they share the same php.ini?

Could you please point toward which php.ini I need to change? C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini?

Plesk Panel support many different versions of php.
The Plesk\admin folder is the php for the Plesk Panel only.
Your main site does not use this php, it uses the php version you assigned on its domain settings.
Under Parallels\Plesk\Additional you will find 2-3-4 folders with name PleskPHPXXX (where XXX a number). First find out which php version you use for this site and get inside that folder and change its php.ini settings, restart IIS and check again if the settings finally changed.

Thanks FotisM :)
Enabled debugging and tried to install the theme. Got the 500 error. Wordpress made no /wp-content/debug.log

THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

Only basedir giving me some problems, from log: PHP Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect

Should I edit basedir in php.ini to none?

Back