• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 authoritative name server

srvadm

Basic Pleskian
CentOS 6.4
Plesk 11.0.9

I created a webspace to host mydomain.com and installed OpenDKIM. In Websites & Domains > DNS Settings, the server is acting as a primary nameserver for the DNS zone mydomain.com:
mydomain.com. NS ns.mydomain.com.

I added a TXT record with the public key:
default._domainkey.mydomain.com. TXT v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQ...

The mails are signed but mail servers can not access the public key according to the error messages received from different mail testers: "public key: not available" or "We were not able to retrieve your public key". The problem seems caused by ns.mydomain.com not being listed as one of the nameservers which is authoritative for mydomain.com. The public key is not available as it has not been published on the nameservers for mydomain.com.:
[root]# dig mydomain.com TXT
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
mydomain.com. 86400 IN SOA ns-es.1and1-dns.es. hostmaster.1and1.com. 2013072301 28800 7200 604800 86400

How could I add ns.mydomain.com. as an authoritative nameserver?

You need to add the public key record in your 1&1 control panel as you are still using their name server.

Or create a glue record for your own server at 1&1, will probably be under change nameservers at 1&1.

Thanks for the info. I need to check as 1&1 is not the domain registrar, in their control panel the domain appears as external, that is, it is registered with another company pointing to 1&1 name servers

How could I add ns.mydomain.com. as an authoritative nameserver?

Contact your registrar about defining your own nameserver records. (I don't know the details but -- essentially -- the IP addresses of your nameservers need to be tied to the domain name records published in the registry's whois database.)

You need to add the public key record in your 1&1 control panel as you are still using their name server.

Or create a glue record for your own server at 1&1, will probably be under change nameservers at 1&1.

The 1&1 control panel doesn't allow to add/modify TXT records

I already had a glue record, the problem was the registrar was still pointing to 1&1 DNS servers so, mail servers were looking for the DKIM public key in the wrong place. I set the registrar to delegate to ns.mydomain.com., as Eric pointed out, and it's now the authoritative nameserver

Back