• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue NameServers + VPS + 1and1 = Sorry, we couldn't find any name servers

Valerij

New Pleskian
Hi everyone :), I'm really going crazy to configure DNS using Plesk (Centos 6.8) + 1and1:

Step 1) I created web spaces in Plesk and created also DNS zones (for each website).
Step 2) I created an A record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to point to the VPS IP (WORKS)
Step 3) I created an MX record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to manage email accounts with postfix (WORKS)

I have an issue with NameServers configuration:
a) If I use 1and1 NameServers website is on-line, postfix goes well but SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records can not be found.
b) Reminder: 1and1 allow to use a customized NameServer + a default 1and1 NameServer...furthermore...1and1 does not allow to use 2 different NamerServers with same IP so...
...when I use ns.mydomain.com (default DNS record in Plesk) + 1and1 default NameServer I have ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED (http, ftp, email...nothing works)

What I have done:
- Plesk DNS configuration is:
- - domain.com (NS) ns.domain.com
- - ns.domain.com (A) IP
- DNS port 53 is open and not locked by firewall
- DNS icon in Plesk is green (ON) and set to Master DNS Zone
- SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records are correctly configured in Plesk
- I updated all Plesk components to the latest version
- Plesk services reboot done
- Named (Bind) service is started in Virtuozzo

Questions are:
- What's my faults?:(
- To use SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records I really need to use my NameServers? :(
- How to configure Plesk ? :(

You are making quite complicated set up. either use your own name servers created and configured on your server only OR use 1 and 1 name servers. If you decide to use 1 and 1 name servers then all the DNS configurations such as A records , SPF etc.. will be configured in 1 and 1 DNS portal , no need to configure any thing on the server.

If you decide to use your own name servers , then as you mentioned 1 and 1 do not allow to use same IP for 2 different name servers , get the additional IP and configure your own name servers on your server and this time all the DNS records will be hosted on your server only through Plesk. However since its going to be your private name servers , you will have to register at your domain registrar in order to make them active and then assign those name servers for your domain.

For the Plesk configuration you can follow the URL below which has all the guides available.

https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/

Why complicated if available? Using 1and1 backup nameserver is only for safety. I think everything could works also using 1 customized namserver + 1 hosting provider nameserver.
- Do you think I have to create 2 nameservers in Plesk instead of 1 ?
- Do you think records are wrongs ?

Here is my 1and1 panel
1and1-1.png

and the Plesk Panel configuration
1and1-2.png

Back