• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11 - memory usage question

EricVis

Basic Pleskian
I was wondering why in Plesk 11 (centos6.4, nothisn g custom, not busy server) my memory stats in Server information look like this:

Memory Usage:
Total 11.60 GB
Used 9.91 GB <-- this is a lot, why it stays on high level?
Free 1.69 GB <-- this getting lower and lower every day
Shared 0 B
Buffer 422.53 MB
Cached 8.39 GB <-- what is this?
Usage 13.08% <-- 13% doesn't make sense, it says 9.91GB used out of 11.6 ?? or "cached" is actually free memory??

when I had Plesk 9.5, memory usage was on 10% and all stats made sense

@MantasZ

I know free command, it shows 12GB available, 10GB used same as Plesk stats

1) why Plesk is using so much memory???? that's crazy
2) why Plesk shows 13% usage in Server Infomration / Memoray usage - 13% value is incorrect, it should be the opposite, 87% is used

Untitled-1.gifUntitled-2.gif

I can;t install health manager via plesk upgrades/updates interface, it says yum failed to install package..
attached output of top and free commands - both show 10GB used, 12 available

your free -m says:
1085 MB RAM used and 10797 MB RAM free. look in line for buffers and cache while using free -m, so your RAM is used only at 9%.

but your kipmi0 proccess which is used for server sensors monitoring - eats too much of your CPU. probably you are using esx/vwmare or something like that - so get info from their support.

thanks for answer

I don't use any esx/vwmare or anything else, it is new centos server with plesk 11, nothing else

Back