• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11, nginx 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLZ0742

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am getting an Nginx 403 Forbidden when i'm trying to reach https://server_ip:8443/

(I am not familiar with plesk, the server i am working on is one of my client's.)

Server OS: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (not my choice hehe)

When i try to stop nginx:
Code:
/etc/init.d/nginx stop
I get:
Code:
 * Stopping NGINX nginx                                                          *  ports 80/443 are still not free....                                  [fail]

Following my google searches, I also tried:
Code:
/opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
Which returns:

Code:
ERROR while trying to disable old_passwords=1 in my.cnf
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log), fix and try again

There's no such thing like "old_passwords=1" in his my.cnf

I also tried the following:
Code:
 /etc/init.d/psa restart
Which returns:
Code:
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'psa'
/etc/init.d/psa: line 457: /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng: No such file or directory

Since I'm kind of oldschool (I usually compile stuff myself: nginx, etc, + manual setup vhosts, etc) I don't use Plesk and I don't feel like reinstalling my client's Plesk since all his vhosts/apache are set up through plesk, plus he wants to manage stuff by himself via Plesk sometimes...

Problem occured like 1-2 days ago (he cannot access https://server_ip:8443/ anymore), and he told me he did nothing particular recently.

Feel free to ask anything, i'm quite comfortable with linux but feeling lazy atm to learn more about Plesk (+ all the obfuscated source code...) and to messup with the /plesk.conf.d/ and all the services depending on it without shooting all down...

PS: his websites are running fine though, apache/mysql/php/etc all are ok

sorry for my english.

Regards

ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'psa'
/etc/init.d/psa: line 457: /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng: No such file or directory

Bad errors. Looks like your Plesk is seriously damaged. I suggest you contact Parallels Support Team. They will repair this broken Plesk installation.

All i have in hand is a ".key" licence file.

Edit: which contains a key like "PLSK.027xxxxx". Corresponding to a "Parallels Plesk Panel - SUS for 30 Domains" apparently. Does'nt work when i paste it in the form ("Wrong licence key").
Please note that I'd rather uninstall my client's Plesk and set it up all again manually without Plesk rather than pay a $74.99 "Per Incident Support" (http://www.parallels.com/store/support/plesk/) + $39 monthly fees (money will go in my own pocket for outsourcing the server...)

Regards

Last edited:
I see. :)

I uninstalled Plesk and set up new fresh system without any panel.

Good luck with your product comrades товарищ, I won't miss spreading bad-press when i'll have the opportunity.

[solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back