• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk 11, nginx 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLZ0742

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am getting an Nginx 403 Forbidden when i'm trying to reach https://server_ip:8443/

(I am not familiar with plesk, the server i am working on is one of my client's.)

Server OS: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (not my choice hehe)

When i try to stop nginx:
Code:
/etc/init.d/nginx stop
I get:
Code:
 * Stopping NGINX nginx                                                          *  ports 80/443 are still not free....                                  [fail]

Following my google searches, I also tried:
Code:
/opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
Which returns:

Code:
ERROR while trying to disable old_passwords=1 in my.cnf
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log), fix and try again

There's no such thing like "old_passwords=1" in his my.cnf

I also tried the following:
Code:
 /etc/init.d/psa restart
Which returns:
Code:
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'psa'
/etc/init.d/psa: line 457: /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng: No such file or directory

Since I'm kind of oldschool (I usually compile stuff myself: nginx, etc, + manual setup vhosts, etc) I don't use Plesk and I don't feel like reinstalling my client's Plesk since all his vhosts/apache are set up through plesk, plus he wants to manage stuff by himself via Plesk sometimes...

Problem occured like 1-2 days ago (he cannot access https://server_ip:8443/ anymore), and he told me he did nothing particular recently.

Feel free to ask anything, i'm quite comfortable with linux but feeling lazy atm to learn more about Plesk (+ all the obfuscated source code...) and to messup with the /plesk.conf.d/ and all the services depending on it without shooting all down...

PS: his websites are running fine though, apache/mysql/php/etc all are ok

sorry for my english.

Regards

ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'psa'
/etc/init.d/psa: line 457: /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng: No such file or directory

Bad errors. Looks like your Plesk is seriously damaged. I suggest you contact Parallels Support Team. They will repair this broken Plesk installation.

All i have in hand is a ".key" licence file.

Edit: which contains a key like "PLSK.027xxxxx". Corresponding to a "Parallels Plesk Panel - SUS for 30 Domains" apparently. Does'nt work when i paste it in the form ("Wrong licence key").
Please note that I'd rather uninstall my client's Plesk and set it up all again manually without Plesk rather than pay a $74.99 "Per Incident Support" (http://www.parallels.com/store/support/plesk/) + $39 monthly fees (money will go in my own pocket for outsourcing the server...)

Regards

Last edited:
I see. :)

I uninstalled Plesk and set up new fresh system without any panel.

Good luck with your product comrades товарищ, I won't miss spreading bad-press when i'll have the opportunity.

[solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back