• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 502 Nginx issues with WHMCS v5.3.10

I should mention again, that the changes for your own, specific "FcgidIOTimeout" have to be done like described in the KB - article from Parallels:

<?php if ($VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout): ?>
FcgidIOTimeout <?php echo $VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout; ?>
+ FcgidIOTimeout 150
This means exactly, that you delete the part "<?php echo $VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout; ?>" and set your own value here... ( as described as "+ FcgidIOTimeout 150" )... but you could take as well 360 or even 1800, like the changes from fcgid.conf.

Just finished with the poodle fix, If i'm not mistaken. I am sorry, but I am totally lost on your last message. Just checked my fcgid.conf as stated in the KB, but do not see a <?php echo $VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout; ?>

nonono... these changes are in "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/domainVirtualHost.php", your custom template, which you copied as mentioned in the

Back again to your Poodle thing:

Sorry to inform you, but you have a mini - mistake, because your certificate doesn't match the server - name. For this issue, you have to create an own certificate and can't use the standard Plesk certificate. You have as well the choice to investigate SSL - issues, by visiting the site "https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/"

If you would like to continue with this issue, I would suggest to open another thread, because it might be easier ( as well for other forum readers ), if you don't mix these two issues in one thread.

Oh, wait. For some reason the tutorial step didnt work:

cp -p /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/domainVirtualHost.php /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/domainVirtualHost.php

It never creates that custom/domain/ folder. Also, my location keeps changing for some reason. When visiting /usr/local/psa, it automatically goes to a different subfolder called /opt/psa

EDIT:
Received the poodle response. Its weird because I never had these issues before.. I have an ssl for a client on the server, with the same IP. Actually, I have the Parallels default ssl for all sites, which doesn't really integrate, but my Plesk sign in is secured with comodo. Not sure why these issues are arising. I thought SSI fixes this issue. Will follow-up with that in a new thread as stated

Last edited:
No problem for the issue "opt/psa" - there is a symlink here as well, from "/usr/local/psa" to "opt/psa/"... because there are several linux distributions - not all systems have the path "/usr/local/psa", but the path "/opt/psa/" instead... this depends on your operating system. If you prefer the path "/opt/psa" for further instructions, I'll try to think of that.

Please make sure that the following folders exist, before you try to copy the files, to edit them:

/opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom
/opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain

If you miss a folder, please use "mkdir /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom" or/and "mkdir /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain"​

Got it. It seems my ftp had to refresh to display the folder.. just deleted the section you stated.. now that section looks like this

FcgidMaxRequestLen 2147483648
<?php if ($VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout): ?>
FcgidIOTimeout 1800

Am I suppose to delete this section too? <?php if ($VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout): ?>

Yes, you could delete this as well, because you manually edited your configuration - file and so there is no need for this part anymore.

Does your reconfiguration now works as expected? ... if you use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
or
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain YOURDOMAIN.COM

Deleted, but came across more errors:

Details: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'endif' (T_ENDIF) in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php(19) : eval()'d code on line 147
[2014-11-30 12:41:38] ERR [panel] syntax error, unexpected 'endif' (T_ENDIF)
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'endif' (T_ENDIF) in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php(19) : eval()'d code on line 147
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'endif' (T_ENDIF) in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php(19) : eval()'d code on line 147
[2014-11-30 12:41:39] ERR [panel] syntax error, unexpected 'endif' (T_ENDIF)
[2014-11-30 12:41:41] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed
[2014-11-30 12:41:50] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed
[2014-11-30 12:41:50] ERR [panel] Apache config (14173512850.51725000) generation failed: Template_Exception: apache2: Syntax error on line 265 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 67 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf: Syntax error on line 133 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/MYDOMAIN(Thisisyourdomain).com.conf: </VirtualHost> without matching <VirtualHost> section

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0
apache2: Syntax error on line 265 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 67 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf: Syntax error on line 133 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/MYDOMAIN(Thisisyourdomain).com.conf: </VirtualHost> without matching <VirtualHost> section

now sure where all of this came about

Last edited:
:(

Please post the depending lines, as mentioned in the error:

line 133 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/MYDOMAIN(Thisisyourdomain).com.conf:

Have you probably edited some MORE, than suggested? The error declares, that you have an closing "</VirtualHost>" - tag, but there is no depending open "<VirtualHost>" - tag. This might be caused, when you accidentally copied a double "</VirtualHost>" - line somewhere in your config file.

If you are unsure about the investigations, please zip the folder "/opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom" and the folder "/var/www/vhosts/system/MYDOMAIN(Thisisyourdomain).com/conf" and add ithe zip - files to your next answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

Sorry for the later response. No, I only edited what was mentioned, unless I made a mistake. :( attached are the files

Attachments

• Folders.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
You have one "<?php endif; ?>" too much at the line 145 in

"/opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/domainVirtualHost.php"​

Please delete this line.

Afterwards, please use again the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
... to make sure, that you really created ALL needed configuration files. I suppose, that you only used the command with "--reconfigure-domain YOURDOMAIN.COM" ?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Thanks for the follow-up. I used the reconfigure all when I received that error. I tried it now and it worked. No more errors :)

Thanks for this. So what would be the next step? For some reason the WHMCS is still coming up with a 502 bad gateway. The same installation, not unless I have to reinstall.

Also, when I restart nginx I get this error:

nginxnginx: [warn] 2048 worker_connections exceed open file resource limit: 1024

... one last thing... before to continue:

You have the option to setup domain specific PHP - settings for each domain, but as well for subscriptions. With these settings you can as well define the script - timeout, which is used in Plesk templates as you can see at line 149 from "/opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/domainVirtualHost.php". As you can see after your reconfiguration, the config - file "httpd_ip_default.conf" actually shows at line 61 the value "TimeOut 30", which is rather small to your manual edited "FcgidIOTimeout 1800" from "domainVirtualHost.php". Consider raising your PHP - settings over the Plesk Control Panel, in order to raise this ( I would suggest a "max_execution_time" of "360" with your settings ), as you already manually edited at your "example.com.conf" - file at ".../fpm/pool.d*" for your FastCGI - configuration ). It is a good idea, if you would equal your PHP - settings to the same manual edited settings for FastCGI, in order to avoid failures. Reviwe the post http://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-12-0-18-502-nginx-issues-with-whmcs-v5-3-10.329259/#post-769096 to equal all your settings over Plesk as well and make sure, that your custom PHP.ini file changed to your desired settings at "/var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/etc/php.ini"

For further investigations always be sure to include error - messages as before, because there is no general cause for 502 - gateway errors. It might now be a slightly different message and such informations are necessary for investigations.

In general, if you experience 502 - gateway errors, you can always try to restart apache, nginx and php5-fpm and see if this already solves the issue.
If it doesn't, check if the FastCGI - socket is existent at: /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/*
Afterwards, always check the error - logs, which mostly point directly to the issue.

Hi there,

For the plesk subscription option of this:

php_value[open_basedir] = "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/:/tmp/:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/perl:/usr/share/perl5:/usr/bin/python:/usr/bin/python3:/usr/share/psa-pear"

am I changing the example.com to the domain? If so, that means that subscription will only work for that domain, wouldn't it?

Please advise, thnx

Back