• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 502 Nginx issues with WHMCS v5.3.10

The example I used was not a global setting, but a domain - specific one. You can always choose the settings "{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}:...... " in subscriptions and/or service packages, if you setup global definitions. Plesk will use these pre-configurations and change it to the correct domain - specific settings.

I believe that error comes up because I modified the nginx conf file for worker connections in general to be 2048 (which I modified based on my server ram) Is this incorrect?

Also, I just followed that tutorial and added the lines, but it didn't solve anything.

The open - files settings will be modified on each reboot, if you set them in the limits.conf. Your operating system doesn't read this config-file on each new request/command.

As already described, you can always set special modifications for each user-group. The shown example in the mentioned thread shows an example for the group "mysql" and for the general usage.

Yes, I actually did reboot after the modification.. I got an OK in green, but before that text was still the same error. The error disappeared when I reverted back to 1024 (the default). How can I safely increase back to 2048 (which I am assuming should be set based on my ram)

Consider raising your limits much higher if you would like "worker_connections 2048", you might want to change the global open hard and soft limits to something like "204800"

Code:
*        soft nofile       204800
*        hard nofile       204800
*        soft nproc        204800
*        hard nproc        204800

please post the output of "ulimit -a" and your "/etc/sysctl.conf"

Output below, attached is sysctl.conf

core file size (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority (-e) 0
file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals (-i) 16009
max locked memory (kbytes, -l) 64
max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files (-n) 1024
pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority (-r) 0
stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes (-u) 16009
virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks (-x) unlimited

Attachments

• sysctl.conf.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 1
Your output shows "open files (-n) 1024" - so you didn't change the global limit as suggested, or you have other settings in the limits.conf, which already define other limits.

And your sysctl.conf has the same "Digital Ocean Recommended Settings", three times.... I wonder why you did that?

From what I have been reading online, it seems the issue is based on Plesk using an older Ioncube, which is causing these issues. How would I go about updating which ioncube plesk 12 uses?

EDIT: Its currently using Ioncube 4.6.0

FIXED THE WHMCS ISSUE! The issue was the default Plesk installation uses the old ioncube 4.6.0 loader, which has issues with the latest WHMCS. I am no longer receiving 502 errors (Nginx) or internal server errors (Apache) while browsing the WHMCS interface..

SOLUTION: Fixed on Debian 7 x64

What I did was go to the usr/lib/php5/20100525 folder (not sure if these numbers are different for anyone else) and replace the "ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so" - "ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so" and also added the latest 5.6.so. I also added the 5.x_ts.so files as well for each version. I also made a backup folder for the old ones just in case anything went wrong with the replaced files. My ioncube loader is now updated to 4.7.2

Now the only issue I have is with nginx permalinks. For some reason it isn't working on custom, only default. my website demo I am testing it is with domain.com/wordpress

EDIT: When I visit a custom permalink, it says "File not found"

Last edited:
Test and found the issue. It seems that this only happens with Wordpress when you manually install wordpress by ftp'ing the folder and setting up. Tried the installer, and the permalinks worked fine.

Any idea why? I am assuming it is a permission issue.. Please advise, thnx

Hi Xavier12,

please keep in mind, that errors and issues are much easier to solve, if you investigate error - logs and configuration files, or post the depending errors and configuration files, so that people willing to help, might point you to solution to solve your issue. Just with a description, people who are willing to help have to guess, what might be the cause of an issue.

As asked, I changed your domain - name in MY posts for privacy reasons... but I wonder why you care about MY posts, if you use your own domain - name in some posts and/or additional added files yourself, starting from page one of this thread... :(

Hey,

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the inconvenience, will be sure to post logs moving forward. If only I knew where exactly to find them. Also, didn't realize I had the domain in the first page posts :( Thanks for pointing that out

Are the logs in the root of the domain in the logs folder are the ones that I should display?

Or should I be going to the logs folder for nginx (ie: var/log/nginx) ?

Hi Xavier12,

log - entries for domain - specific issues are always located in the domain - specific log - path: /var/www/vhosts/system/DOMAIN_OR_SUBDOMAIN.COM/logs

Hey, hope you're having a great day.

Thanks for the follow-up. Ok great. Below is the error:

Proxy error:
12419#0: *2501 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 12.13.90.183, server: mydomain.com, request: "GET /fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.0.3 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/php-fpm.sock:", host: "www.mydomain.com", referrer: "http://www.mydomain.com/"

These are different clients ips, about 5.

This is the wordpress one and has appeared for several wordpress installations on the same server

[error] 12419#0: *126 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: MYIP, server: mydomain.com, request: "GET /futura/events/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/php-fpm.sock:", host: "www.mydomain.com"

Error log

[Tue Dec 02 12:35:36 2014] [error] [client 180.76.5.65] File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/wp-content

This one seems old and there is nothing else besides that error.

Please advise, thnx! :)

Back