• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 Update #33 How Can I Upgrade Mysql 5.5 version

Berkay

New Pleskian
Hello I'm using Centos with plesk.

I update my plesk 12.0.18 Update 33 but I'm using still 5.1.

How can I upgrade my mysql ?

(#12.0.18 Update 33 : (On Centos/RHel 5) MySQL 5.5 was updated to the latest version 5.5.41.)

Thanks

It is available only on CentOS5 and RHEL5.
If you have these OSes you can change MySQL version in autoinstaller.

The following updates PHP to 5.4 as well, so make sure you want that before upgrading.
The following has been tested on a CentOS 6.6 server with Plesk 12. I see you are running CentOS 5, run these commands at your own discretion. I haven't tried this process on a CentOS 5 box.

Install the atomic repo
Code:
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

Backup all your current databases:
Code:
mysqldump -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` --all-databases | gzip > /root/mysql.all.dump.sql.gz

Issue an upgrade. Make sure you go through the services being upgrade before pressing y
Code:
yum upgrade mysql

You'll now need to upgrade your databases to 5.5's standards
Code:
mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow `

All commands above are to be entered at shell via root.

Thank you very much I'm using Centos 6.6 but I don't want to use ssh shell so I want to change with autoinstaller.
Can Plesk support Centos 6.6 with autoinstaller? Meanwhile changelos says (On Centos/RHel 5) you can chance log to (On Centos 5 and RHel 5)
Thanks again.

You can do it with help of autoinstaller UI only for CentOS5 version. On your CentOS6 version you can upgrade MySQL only in command line interface.

Back