• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.1 to 12.5 in place upgrade -- is it reliable?

What was your experience with upgrading Plesk 12.1 -> 12.5

• No problems - upgrade went smoothly

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • A few minor issues - upgrade had some issues that were easily resolved

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Lots of issues - the upgrade completed, but I had some serious issues to resolve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upgrade failed - I couldn't complete the upgrade, but I safely rolled back to 12.1

• Upgrade broke something - something went seriously wrong and broke my Plesk install

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
I have been holding off upgrading both my CentOS 6.7 Plesk 12.1 servers to 12.5, mainly because I've been busy with other stuff, but also because I wanted to wait and hear how stable 12.5 (and the upgrade process) is.

My impression from having watched these forums thread the last several weeks is that there seems to be many users running into some pretty serious issues when upgrading: failures, locked out of Plesk admin, sites offline, upgrade stalled and some services now inactive .. etc etc.

Of course .. we only hear about the upgrades that went wrong .. all those painless upgrades that go off without a hitch don't make it to the forums. So, how do we 12.1 users with servers stacked with users assess the safety and reliability of upgrading to 12.5?

Is it -- generally speaking -- a safe upgrade to 12.5 from 12.1?

Of course .. we only hear about the upgrades that went wrong .. all those painless upgrades that go off without a hitch don't make it to the forums.
You are correct. Imagine what percentage updates with the problems of the total number of updates! It is really negligible.

Back