• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 12.5.30 to Onyx upgrade problem

pegasx

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I tried to upgrade today. And I got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 239, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 225, in main
inst, rem = installer.resolve(to_install, opts.remove, opts.tries)
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 157, in resolve
raise Exception("Failed to solve dependencies:\n" + '\n'.join(msgs))
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
psa-mail-driver-common-17.0.17-cos6.build1700161124.17.x86_64 requires libopendkim.so.10()(64bit)
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.

Could you help? Now yum update also gives lots of errors. It is good that all sites are working and I can login to plesk. Only yum gives lots of errors.

I have opendkim-2.11.0-0.1.el6 and libopendkim-2.11.0-0.1.el6, and I can't install version 10 back.

Unfortunately this is not an effective workaround

I disabled the epel repo, ran yum check-update, and the update for libopendkim was not presented by any of the other repos

Problem still exists in repo. Why does this fix take so long? It prevents whole system from updating, which is a major security issue.
Does Plesk QA not test against EPEL (which is a standard repo for RHEL and CentOS imho).

A workaround is to exclude libopendkim

1) # nano /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
2) add under section [epel]: exclude=libopendkim*

Now you can run yum update without problems.

Thank you for the reply Jasper
I perhaps did not explain myself very well

I know how to exclude the epel repo and therefore the libopendkim update as it does not seem to be available from another repo
I also know how to exclude only libopendkim

The central problem is when will Plesk get around to releasing the libopendkim update and dependency fix ?

It may be coincidence, but since the update was listed on epel I began to have problems with Google incorrectly marking mail from my server as spam

Thank you for your reply Igor
Can you perhaps tell me what other issues will be fixed in #13 as I have an outstanding issue with Plesk Wordpress Toolkit

Back