• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 and Dovecot

Frater

Regular Pleskian
The new Plesk 12.5 came as a bit of a surprise for me and the reason I migrated 1 of my servers to it was a long outstanding bug it is suffering regarding the DNS-server.

My server is now upgraded, but that bug is still present.
At random some domains get the secondary DNS-server placed in the SOA-record.
It's probably happening for you as well, but who's checking it?
Well, I do.... I regularly run a sanity check to see if I have orphan domains on my system (ones that are gone to another provider) or where the SOA-record is not in sync with the slave servers.

Well, it's still doing this.

But what I want to ask here.....

I somewhere read that Plesk now switched from Courier to Dovecot.
I wasn't aware of that..
But now that the migration has succeeded, I can see that it's still running Courier.
To be honest, I'm glad.
I am too busy with other things at the moment to get that on top of it, but in the near future I would really like to switch to Dovecot.
It seems it is much better in handling large mailboxes and I really need that for some of my users.

What's the deal with Dovecot on Plesk 12.5???
Is it maybe impossible to install Courier on a new install and is it only allowed in a migration?

I can confirm this. I just checked some domains and the soa has changed
to the slave dns-server for some of them. I have not changed the dns-template(s).

---------------------------------
Plesk: 12.5.30 MU5
---------------------------------

Back