• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12.5 and Dovecot

Frater

Regular Pleskian
The new Plesk 12.5 came as a bit of a surprise for me and the reason I migrated 1 of my servers to it was a long outstanding bug it is suffering regarding the DNS-server.

My server is now upgraded, but that bug is still present.
At random some domains get the secondary DNS-server placed in the SOA-record.
It's probably happening for you as well, but who's checking it?
Well, I do.... I regularly run a sanity check to see if I have orphan domains on my system (ones that are gone to another provider) or where the SOA-record is not in sync with the slave servers.

Well, it's still doing this.

But what I want to ask here.....

I somewhere read that Plesk now switched from Courier to Dovecot.
I wasn't aware of that..
But now that the migration has succeeded, I can see that it's still running Courier.
To be honest, I'm glad.
I am too busy with other things at the moment to get that on top of it, but in the near future I would really like to switch to Dovecot.
It seems it is much better in handling large mailboxes and I really need that for some of my users.

What's the deal with Dovecot on Plesk 12.5???
Is it maybe impossible to install Courier on a new install and is it only allowed in a migration?

I can confirm this. I just checked some domains and the soa has changed
to the slave dns-server for some of them. I have not changed the dns-template(s).

---------------------------------
Plesk: 12.5.30 MU5
---------------------------------

Back