• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 12.5 - Changing PHP version changes app pool

mike_tcis

New Pleskian
(opened a ticket on this but figured others may encounter the same issue - took me a while to track down what was going on)

I am currently encountering an annoying issue in Plesk 12.5 (latest patch level) running on Windows 2012 R2. I have multiple PHP versions installed (5.x and 7.x). I also have two .NET Framework versions installed (2.x and 4.x) which means Plesk created two App Pools -- plesk(default)(2.0)(pool) and plesk(default)(4.0)(pool). All of my subscriptions default to .NET 4.x. In any case, when I change between PHP versions (e.g. move from PHP 5.6 to 7.0.15) in a subscription, the .NET app pool changes from 4.x to 3.x. While normally this would not be a big deal, it is causing a problem because of the opcache bug on Windows that was reported here (by one of the Plesk devs):

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=72645

So, when the app pool is changed, I start having problems.

Is there a way to specify in the Plesk config someplace what app pool a specific PHP version should use?

Back