• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk 12.5 DNS Server Stopped Responding Overnight

Olly

New Pleskian
I've come into work this morning to find all our websites are down because Plesk isn't responding to DNS requests externally.

I've tried restarting the DNS service, and reinstalling it. Running a portscan to our IP shows that the DNS port is open.

If you SSH into the server and run "nslookup whitesweb.co.uk 127.0.0.1" it returns the correct response, any ideas what might be causing this?

I'm sure, "Domain name server" has a tick against it, and this morning I opened "System policy for incoming traffic" to rule out the firewall.

So, can you connect to this server outside with

telnet servername.com 53

?

Well. This means that DNS port 53 is not accessible on your Plesk server. I suggest you check your network infrastructure, firewalls, routers, etc.

Back