• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 failed update - database error

IulianOlaru

Basic Pleskian
Hello everybody,
With positive feelings I am coming to you for help regarding the issue that I am struggling with while updating to Plesk 12.5

The error shown seems to be:
Code:
===> Upgrading database

Trying to start service mariadb... done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to find psa database... version is 012005030
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 12.0.18, but previous database
version is 012005030. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

After this I tried to revert back to a back-up issued before the update and this caused the following issue when trying to view a subscription:
Code:
Internal error: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'fp' in 'field list'

Message    MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'fp' in 'field list'
File    db.php
Line    84
Type    PleskMainDBException

Your help would be much appreciated as it seems I am unable to receive e-mails as well ... some things shifted but that I am sure will be fixed as soon as the update will be possible.

Thank you in advance.

Hi IulianOlaru,

Trying to find psa database... version is 012005030 DATABASE ERROR!!! Previous product version is 12.0.18, but previous database version is 012005030. In most of cases it is result of previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

Here is article for previous upgrade versions, but still actual http://kb.odin.com/en/124787

Plesk 12.5.30 now has several more "repair" - features, as described at:

Please consider to use the new repair options, after you solved your previous above issue, with the help of IgorG 's mentioned KB - article.

Thank you for the prompt reply dear UFHH01. I followed your answer and I came up with the following error after using bootstrapper:
Code:
 Trying to find psa database... version is 012005030
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 11.5.30, but previous database
version is 012005030. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_repair.log), fix and try again

While trying to use the new plesk repair tool I am receiving this error:
Code:
# plesk repair all -y
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: all in /usr/sbin/plesk on line 59
Usage: plesk [command]

What is there to do ?

Hi IulianOlaru,

please consider first to solve initial issue ( my first post contains the mentioned link from IgorG ), before you continue with the next step ( using the repair utility ). The mentioned KB - article is a refernce and you used it as written and now you have the very same issue, but with
Previous product version is 11.5.30
instead of
Previous product version is 12.0.18

AFTER solving your first issue again with the correct version 12.5.30 ( 012005030 ), please continue to display the possible commands for your actual repair utility ( it might not be upgraded yet, because of your initial issue, so you have to check first, before you use commands described in the 12.5.30 - documentation! ):

plesk repair help

If there is no possible new command "all" for the repair utility, then you have to use "plesk repair installation" ( if possible ), or if not possible, you should run "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller" and select again version 12.5.30.

Thank you for the time you spent for guiding me regarding this issue.

My solution was disabling the component Fail2Ban ... for some reason it was causing all the problems.

With respect,
Julian

Back