• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12.5 -> Onyx update problem

isitlightagain

New Pleskian
Hello,

I recently tried to update from Plesk 12.5 to the new Onyx release, but I encountered a problem. There is something with a missing dependencie, but the dependencie is installed.

[psa-vhost.noarch 0:17.0.17-cos7.build1700161026.16 - u]

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 239, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 225, in main
inst, rem = installer.resolve(to_install, opts.remove, opts.tries)
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 157, in resolve
raise Exception("Failed to solve dependencies:\n" + '\n'.join(msgs))
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
opendkim-2.6.7-1.el6.rf.x86_64 requires libopendkim = 2.6.7-1.el6.rf
opendkim-2.6.7-1.el6.rf.x86_64 requires libopendkim.so.7()(64bit)
Execute command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install --version 17.0.17
[2016-11-15 21:11:51.648073] Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/user/root/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system
[2016-11-15 21:11:51.662865] Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.

Anyone has an idea to fix this? Thanks in advanced.

What is output of command

# rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})\n' | grep dkim

?

Try to uninstall them with

# rpm -e opendkim libopendkim

and then repeat upgrade.

Perhaps, I can remove DKIM, do the upgrade and then setup DKIM again but that can be a bit tricky.
... just consider to use another DKIM - selector, because Plesk will use the selector "default". When you use for example "standard", "mail" or "whatever", your unique, indivduell DKIM - setup will not conflict with the one from Plesk. ;)

Today I also tried to upgrade Plesk 12.5 to Onyx. I have used this command for to start upgrade from terminal:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller

But results isn't good. "UnicodeEncodeError", "FATAL ERROR: python..." occurred while in upgrade process.

Code:
Preparing Your System for Product Installation
===============================================================================

There are 7 packages required for the product to function properly which
were not found in your system.

There are 61 packages that need to be upgraded
in order to install the product.

Available actions:
(F) Go forward
(B) Go back
(Q) Cancel installation
(S) Show the list of packages

Select an action [F/b/q/s]: F
Installing packages
Geladene Plugins: fastestmirror
PHP_5_6-thirdparty                                       | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PLESK_17_0_17-dist                                       | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PLESK_17_0_17-extras                                     | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PLESK_17_0_17-thirdparty                                 | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PLESK_17_PHP56                                           | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PMM_0.1.10-dist                                          | 2.9 kB     00:00    
PMM_0.1.10-thirdparty                                    | 2.9 kB     00:00    
SITEBUILDER_17_0_15-dist                                 | 2.9 kB     00:00    
SITEBUILDER_17_0_15-thirdparty                           | 2.9 kB     00:00    
base                                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00    
extras                                                   | 3.4 kB     00:00    
plesk-letsencrypt                                        | 2.9 kB     00:00    
plesk-letsencrypt-tp                                     | 2.9 kB     00:00    
plesk-migrator                                           | 2.9 kB     00:00    
plesk-migrator-tp                                        | 2.9 kB     00:00    
plesk-php-5.6                                            | 2.9 kB     00:00    
updates                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00    
Determining fastest mirrors
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
plesk-mysql-server-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161028.14.x86_6 | 1.9 kB     00:00    
pp17.0.17-bootstrapper-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161117.16.x | 292 kB     00:00    
sw-engine-cli-2.20-2.20.1-centos7.201610281256.x86_64.rp | 3.3 MB     00:00    
Transaktionsüberprüfung wird ausgeführt
Aktualisieren: plesk-mysql-server-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161028.14.x86_64 [1/4]
Installieren: sw-engine-cli-2.20-2.20.1-centos7.201610281256.x86_64 [2/4]
Installieren: pp17.0.17-bootstrapper-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161117.16.x86_64 [3/4]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py", line 464, in callback
    self._unInstStop( bytes, total, h )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py", line 564, in _unInstStop
    self.total_actions)
  File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 29, in event
    print msg
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
FATAL ERROR: python callback <bound method RPMTransaction.callback of <yum.rpmtrans.RPMTransaction instance at 0x177fbd8>> failed, aborting!

ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.

But I think it's not an encoding problem :( These are the results of #locale

Code:
# locale
LANG=de_DE.utf8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.utf8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.utf8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.utf8"
LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8

Hi Ayaz,

you used non - "utf-8" characters, like for example "ä", "ö", "ü", "ß" ... ( or cyrillic/greek characters ), which results in errors/issues/problems. Pls. correct this, before you continue. ;)

Hi Ayaz,

you used non - "utf-8" characters, like for example "ä", "ö", "ü", "ß" ... ( or cyrillic/greek characters ), which results in errors/issues/problems. Pls. correct this, before you continue. ;)

Danke für Ihre Antwort :)
My Centos 7 default language is German. But in settings all character options are utf-8.
Code:
# locale
LANG=de_DE.utf8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.utf8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.utf8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.utf8"
LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8
Can you write me please, how and which changes should I make for continue my Onyx upgrade?

Hi Ayaz,

consider to leave out a specific "LC_ALL=" - setting, that should already solve your issue.

Example:
Code:
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=de_DE:en_US:de_LU:de_CH:de_BE:de_AT
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"[/INDENT]
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

If this doesn't solve your issue, pls. consider to use a "IDN" - converter, if you use such domain - names: => https://www.denic.de/service/tools/idn-web-converter/
If this doesn't solve your issue, or your non - "utf-8" characters are used somewhere else in Plesk ( passwords, mail-accounts, ... ), pls. either consider to use "utf-8" characters and/or pls. provide informations, WHERE you used such characters!

Hi Ayaz,

consider to leave out a specific "LC_ALL=" - setting, that should already solve your issue.
If this doesn't solve your issue, pls. consider to use a "IDN" - converter, if you use such domain - names: => https://www.denic.de/service/tools/idn-web-converter/
If this doesn't solve your issue, or your non - "utf-8" characters are used somewhere else in Plesk ( passwords, mail-accounts, ... ), pls. either consider to use "utf-8" characters and/or pls. provide informations, WHERE you used such characters!

I start a upgrade process step by step with this command
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
and when the process is started until this "UnicodeEncodeError", I can't terminate, stop or separate the upgrade process for writing any special command with utf8 convertation.

I also didn't understand how can I leave out "LC_ALL=" - setting :(

I don't know how can I check which file names, file contents or domains are use utf8 characters to prevent upgrade process.

Hi Ayaz,

I also didn't understand how can I leave out "LC_ALL=" - setting
Let's have a look at the linux manual then: => http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/locale.7.html
LC_ALL All of the above.

If the second argument to setlocale(3) is an empty string, "", for
the default locale, it is determined using the following steps:

1. If there is a non-null environment variable LC_ALL, the value
of LC_ALL is used.

2. If an environment variable with the same name as one of the
categories above exists and is non-null, its value is used for
that category.

3. If there is a non-null environment variable LANG, the value of
LANG is used.

Recommended commands to use:

1. => localedef -v -c -i de_DE -f UTF-8 de_DE.UTF-8

2. Pls. open the file "/etc/ssh/ssh_config" and comment out the line:
Code:
    SendEnv LANG LC_*
This prevents ssh from sending the environment locale - variables.

Code:
    AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
This prevents the acceptance of your environment locale - variables from your local machine to the server.
3. Pls. LOGOUT from your SSH - client and start another instance afterwards.

4. Recall the Plesk autoinstaller, with for example: => plesk installer

Thank you so much. UnicodeEncodeError problem is fixed with your help :)
But now upgrade process show me another error for DNS Bind (named). I can't upgrade to Plesk Onyx yet. I have tried "plesk repair dns" and "plesk repair all" commands, but they are also couldn't be helped.

Code:
[root@h1122333 /]# service named start
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start  named.service
Job for named.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status named.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[root@h1122333 /]# systemctl status named.service
● named.service - Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS)
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/named.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since So 2016-12-04 17:47:30 CET; 11s ago
  Process: 4806 ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c if [ ! "$DISABLE_ZONE_CHECKING" == "yes" ]; then /usr/sbin/named-checkconf -z /etc/named.conf; else echo "Checking of zone files is disabled"; fi (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: _default/domain.us/IN: file not found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone 111.222.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading from master file 111.222.81.in...found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone 111.222.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: _default/111.222.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone domain.gmbh/IN: loading from master file logisec.gmbh failed: fil...found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone domain.gmbh/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: _default/domain.gmbh/IN: file not found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone domain.info/IN: loading from master file logisec.info failed: fil...found
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: zone domain.info/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 04 17:47:30 h1122333.stratoserver.net bash[4806]: _default/domain.info/IN: file not found
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Hi Ayaz,

Let's have a look at the linux manual then: => http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/locale.7.html

Recommended commands to use:

1. => localedef -v -c -i de_DE -f UTF-8 de_DE.UTF-8

2. Pls. open the file "/etc/ssh/ssh_config" and comment out the line:
Code:
    SendEnv LANG LC_*
This prevents ssh from sending the environment locale - variables.

Code:
    AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
This prevents the acceptance of your environment locale - variables from your local machine to the server.
3. Pls. LOGOUT from your SSH - client and start another instance afterwards.

4. Recall the Plesk autoinstaller, with for example: => plesk installer

Hi Ayaz,

I have tried "plesk repair dns" and "plesk repair all" commands, but they are also couldn't be helped.
Did you consider to re-install the namserver - packages as well as a possible solution?

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component bind
yum remove named*
yum install named*
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component bind
plesk repair all -y -v
Pls. be again reminded, that EACH repair - procedure will create a repair - log, where the log - level can be raised, when you use the "-v" ( = VERBOSE ) option in your "plesk repair" - command. ;)

If the first solution didn't work for you, pls. consider to investigate the issue with the help of your logs again and note:
See "systemctl status named.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
AND
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
... which means to use the "-l" option in your command, as for example:
Code:
systemctl -l status named.service

I was upgraded to Plesk Onyx without DNS Bind. After the upgrade I was installed DNS Bind again.
But when I want to start bind, it's show me again the same error. I have also tried your bind reinstall commands.

Code:
[root@h2515111 /]# systemctl -l status named
● named.service - Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS)
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/named.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since So 2016-12-04 22:49:34 CET; 2min 45s ago
  Process: 22334 ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c if [ ! "$DISABLE_ZONE_CHECKING" == "yes" ]; then /usr/sbin/named-checkconf -z /etc/named.conf; else echo "Checking of zone files is disabled"; fi (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: _default/domain.us/IN: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone 174.169.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: loading from master file 174.169.81.in-addr.arpa failed: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone 174.169.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: _default/174.169.81.in-addr.arpa/IN: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone domain.gmbh/IN: loading from master file domain.gmbh failed: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone domain.gmbh/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: _default/domain.gmbh/IN: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone domain.info/IN: loading from master file domain.info failed: file not found
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: zone domain.info/IN: not loaded due to errors.
Dez 02 09:52:26 h2515111.stratoserver.net bash[31930]: _default/domain.info/IN: file not found

Hi Ayaz,

Did you consider to re-install the namserver - packages as well as a possible solution?

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component bind
yum remove named*
yum install named*
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component bind
plesk repair all -y -v
Pls. be again reminded, that EACH repair - procedure will create a repair - log, where the log - level can be raised, when you use the "-v" ( = VERBOSE ) option in your "plesk repair" - command. ;)

If the first solution didn't work for you, pls. consider to investigate the issue with the help of your logs again and note:

AND

... which means to use the "-l" option in your command, as for example:
Code:
systemctl -l status named.service

Hi Ayaz,

pls. consider to post your "named.conf" for further investigations or/and check that the corresponding files exist at "/var/named".

Pls. make make sure, that when you use "bind" in a "chrooted environment", your start - command would be "systemctl start named-chroot" and not "service named start". In addition, you should be informed, that your corresponding configuration files would be stored at "/var/named/chroot/var", when you use the "chrooted environment".

Pls. make sure that your port "53" is not blocked by your firewall and be sure, that SELinux is correctly configured. ( Try as well to disable SELLinux ( => https://kb.plesk.com/115626 ), to check if this might be your root cause! )
Check your file "/etc/resolv.conf" for possible misconfigurations. Pls. make sure, that your network is correctly configured at "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts"

Consider to check your "bind" - configuration with the command: named-checkconf /etc/named.conf

I have the exact same error as the TS, when I try to upgrade my plesk 12.5.30 to Onyx the upgrade fails leaving this message:
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 239, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 225, in main
inst, rem = installer.resolve(to_install, opts.remove, opts.tries)
File "/usr/local/psa/bin/yum_install", line 157, in resolve
raise Exception("Failed to solve dependencies:\n" + '\n'.join(msgs))
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
opendkim-2.9.0-2.el6.art.x86_64 requires libopendkim = 2.9.0-2.el6.art
opendkim-2.9.0-2.el6.art.x86_64 requires libopendkim.so.9()(64bit)
Execute command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install --version 17.0.17
[2016-12-22 16:21:34.694067] Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
I understand I can try and change the DKIM selector, but have not been able to find out how to do that. Can someone explain the procedure, or make any other suggestions?

**EDIT** I removed opendkim and libopendkim from my server and Plesk updated without a glitch. I had not realized DKIM is included in Onyx.
Greetings.

Last edited:
Back