• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 - overriding PHP-FPM defaults / custom php.ini

VinnyT

Regular Pleskian
Hi all --

I recently setup a fresh Centos 7.1 install of Plesk 12.5 and am running through some configuration challenges. First, does anyone know which templates are used to generate the domain PHP-FPM configuration files? All of my domains are being generated with a "5" max children setting, which is way too low. I'd like to start this at 50 or so..

Next, the domain PHP-FPM.conf file located in (/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d) state that I should NOT modify that file.
" If you need to customize this file, use either custom PHP settings tab in Panel or override settings in /var/www/vhosts/system/domain/etc/php.ini."

However, when I open that PHP.in file, the very first line says
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,

So which file should I be modifying in order to make changes?

Thanks!

Hello,

For new domain these parameters are hardcoded. You could suggest to increase these parameter on uservoice.
Also they could be changed via Plesk interface in PHP settings.

@VinnyT,

The default Plesk configuration is "hardcoded", (only) in the sense that it is template based.

In theory, you can use any kind of custom configuration, as long as it is not involving a manual edit of the default config files, since these edits will be overridden sooner or later, in any case in which the template is re-applied (and that can happen at any micro-update and/or that certainly will happen when issuing a "httpdmng reconfigure command").

Furthermore, "theory" does not always align with "practice".

In practice, having a max children setting of 50 is rather unnecessary and even dangerous, since it can cause resource overconsumption (and Apache slowing down or shutting down).

I would strongly advice against any custom configuration, at least in your case.

First have a look at the performance of your site with default settings and the performance improvements of simple things, like a SSD drive and caching mechanisms.

Regards...

Hello,

For new domain these parameters are hardcoded. You could suggest to increase these parameter on uservoice.
Also they could be changed via Plesk interface in PHP settings.

No, you can't change PHP FPM specific settings inside Plesk, just PHP.INI as the OP has written.

We don't want the Plesk developers hardcoding anything (since there are not templates for PHP-FPM pools yet).

Just being able to tweak and not having Plesk erasing our work.

I mean, seems like Plesk is not fitted for this simple task, and is far more relilable open source software like Salt.

Back