• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 PHP 7.x Typo3 App install/update from catalog

P-IT-S

New Pleskian
Hello,

i want to install/update Typo3 with PHP 7.x from app catalog. But i received a dependency error:

[2016-05-30 14:41:45] ERR [panel] Task failed: id=1047, pid=16695, type=aps-update, error=The following problems with requirements were found: The app requires PHP version later than 5.5 but earlier than 7.0. Your PHP is 7.0.7. If PHP is not available, ensure that the PHP support is selected for the domain.

Typo3 Server system requirements:
29 TYPO3 requires a web server with a PHP environment and a database. The minimum
30 system requirements for running TYPO3 CMS 7 are:
32 * Webserver capable of running PHP applications (Apache, Nginx, IIS or other)
33 * PHP 7
34 * MySQL 5.5 up to 5.7 or compatible
35 * more than 200 MB of disk space

https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git/blob/HEAD:/INSTALL.md

Is it possible to fix this?

best regards

Hermann

Hello IgorG,
I guess you missunderstood the problem. The system requierements on the typo3 homepage say, that typo3 (LTS Version 7) runs with all php version >=5.5 including php7.

But if one try to install typo3 7.6.9 as a plesk application you get the message, that typo3 cannot run under php7.

Please fix this dependency error!

Thanks a lot.

fin swimmer

@finswimmer

I am not sure that it is relevant to ask whether @IgorG misunderstood the problem.

In essence, you can set your domain (in which you want to install Typo3) to a lower PHP version, let´s say the PHP 5.6.x version.

It should install fine.

If you change the PHP version to 7.0.x afterwards, then it should work fine too.

Even in this case, it can be, but it is not very likely to be a "dependency conflict" related to the APS catalog. Typo3 is notorious when it comes to alleged support of PHP versions.

Naturally, if you get error notifications when upgrading to PHP 7.0.x (remember to check the error logs!), you will have confirmed that Typo3 is the root cause of the problem.

Note that, in the case of Typo3, you can often work-around these issues by installing the latest package, but I would not recommend to do so, since those "latest packages" can have their own (peculiar) problems and since one can or does lose a lot of convenient features, like using the Plesk Panel to manage the application.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards

Hey there, I see this thread is over a year old, but maybe some of you can see the update and replies.

I ran into the same problem. I did as you guys advised, changed the php version for the site to 5.6, but the installation complained about php 7.0 being required (lower notification).
After changing it to 7.0 it complains about php >5.5 <7.0 being required (upper notification). Not sure how to fix this. Where do the dependencies come from? Can I somehow work around this?
install_typo3_2_crop.PNG

Back