• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk 12.5 to Onyx upgrade failure

Twincarb

New Pleskian
Hi,

Issue 1:
I attempted to upgrade plesk 12.5 to Onyx but it exited leaving the only clue to look at the installation.log which I have attached, I can't see anything obvious that would have prevented the upgrade.
Can you please help point me in the right direction.

Issue 2:
The rollback appears to have not worked correctly as I am unable to click on a Domain and enter it's panel instead I am provided with
Internal error: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'
When I look in the panel.log I can see these entries:

Error: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'
[2016-11-26 14:30:10] ERR [1] MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'
[2016-11-26 14:30:11] ERR [panel] PleskMainDBException: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php
line: 96
code: 1054
[2016-11-26 14:30:29] ERR [1] DB query failed:
select `dom_id`, `sys_user_id`, `ssl`, `ssi`, `php`, `php_handler_id`, `cgi`, `perl`, `python`, `fastcgi`, `miva`, `coldfusion`, `asp`, `asp_dot_net`, `webstat`, `same_ssl`, `traffic_bandwidth`, `max_connection`, `www_root`, `maintenance_mode`, `certificate_id` from `hosting` where `dom_id`=1

Error: Unknown column 'miva' in 'field list'

To resolve the second issue is this the right link? https://kb.plesk.com/en/127375

Will await advice on which to fix first.

Attachments

• upgrade.log
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
UFHH01,

Thanks for the information above, I have gone though it and sorted out the problems reported by the Plesk Repair Utility, however I am left still unable to upgrade or update the plesk panel. The error which I am now presented with is:
Code:
 Trying to start service mariadb... active
done
 Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
 Trying to find psa database... version is 017000017
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 12.5.30, but previous database
version is 017000017. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

I can see this is the version which is registered in psa.misc is there a safe method to change the val back to the previous version and proceed with the update then upgrade? If so what is the val it should be?

Hi Twincarb,

your update/upgrade to Plesk Onyx wasn't finished successfully.
In the first place, you should consider to use the "Plesk repair utility" with the option "plesk repair installation -y -v" and "plesk db -y -v"

Second, consider to read and follow => https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213901065 to solve your issue with the database error, if the previous commands didn't already solve your issue.

Back