• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12 - Dovecot and Postfix - SASL Auth and TLS?

DarrenE

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

Ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12 (10 Domain License).

Using this for mail only... multiple domains.
Postfix and Dovecot installed.

Trying to figure out how to do:
- SASL Auth (Dovecot)
- TLS
- want above two to be mandatory... no plain text auth and no unencrypted connections.

How do I achieve this with Plesk 12?

I have found countless how-to's about doing this with Vanilla (non Plesk) installs with the same server software.

However, Postfix main.cf and master.cf both appear to have specific Plesk modificatuons. Same thing for the related Dovecot conf files... also have Plesk specific modifications.

Unfortunately, I see no way to enable the desired settings from the Plesk Panel.

So, how is this done? Can't achieve this within the Panel but also can't modify the conf files without potentially breaking some Plesk-specific functionality?

My original hope in purchasing the Plesk license was to make administration of the mail server easier. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to do this now and may have already had this figured out had I not bothered with the Panel. I'm sure there's a way to do this but perhaps I'm just not seeing it?

Appreciate any help or ideas.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Darren

Instead of Dovecot's SASL implementation I mentioned above, let me take a step back and ask a more basic question...

With Plesk 12, is it possible to ALWAYS require use of the following for outgoing mail:
- SASL auth
- SSL

Basically, I want to REQUIRE users to authenticate and connect securely for outgoing mail and have no unencrypted plain text passwords.

Please help me understand if / how I can do this with Plesk 12 and Postfix / Dovecot.

Thanks.

Darren

Last edited:
Back