• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12: New FTP users can't log in

onycro

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've created a new ftp user in plesk. And this user can't login. Even when I try it on localhost.
The message in the logfile is the following:
Dec 30 12:44:42 host proftpd: pam_listfile(proftpd:auth): Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers
Dec 30 12:44:42 host proftpd: pam_unix(proftpd:session): session opened for user ftpuser by (uid=0)
Dec 30 12:44:42 host proftpd: pam_unix(proftpd:session): session closed for user ftpuser

On client side it says:
530 Login incorrect.

Can someone tell me if the file /etc/ftpusers is needed? And what may cause the problem?

Back