• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12: Uncaught exception when adding / changing mail adresses

netsetter

Basic Pleskian
Seems everythings is working normal when ignoring following error message, but everytime I add or change mail settings for a domain, I am getting this error:

Internal error.

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Log_Exception' with message '"/var/log/plesk/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:81 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(69): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->__construct('/var/log/plesk/...') #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(359): Plesk_Log::init() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(262): Plesk_Log::get() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(168): Plesk_Log::log('panel', 3, '"/var/log/plesk...') #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(26): Plesk_Log::err('"/var/log/plesk...') #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(13): report_crash('"/var/log/plesk...', Array, 'Zend_Controller...', 500, Object(Zend_Controller_Exception)) #6 [internal function]: plesk_exception_handler(Object(Zend_Controller_Exception)) #7 {main} thrown (Stream.php:81)

And after:
Error: "/var/log/plesk/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"
Checked the file permissions, they are:
Code:
-rw-r----- 1 psaadm root 5226 Sep 20 04:40 /var/log/plesk/panel.log

There was probably some issue in your former upgrades/updates.

Please use:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Be aware, that this path is to the latest bootstrapper, depending on your system and updates/upgrades/patches, this path might be slightly different. If the command doesn't work for you, try "ls /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/" to list your own most recent version.

After logging out and loggin in, I now have this error message everywhere (on white page background). Only the plesk header bar shows up.

I ran the command you provided me, it was reconfiguring everything, but the error still happens. :-/
Restarting Plesk also didn't solve the error.

Last edited:
Consider running ...

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

...to force Plesk to re-install missing parts and installing the latest patches again. If this isn't working, you might as well consider opening a support - ticket ( Parallels - Support )

Can't open a support ticket, it says my Parallels Plesk 12 Web Pro Edition license key is either not valid or not eligible for email support, that's normal?

Hello,
I encountered this error last ninht. Actually, solution is very easy. You try the following code on your SSH
  • chown psaadm:root /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log
source.

Back