• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12: Uncaught exception when adding / changing mail adresses

netsetter

Basic Pleskian
Seems everythings is working normal when ignoring following error message, but everytime I add or change mail settings for a domain, I am getting this error:

Internal error.

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Log_Exception' with message '"/var/log/plesk/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:81 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(69): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->__construct('/var/log/plesk/...') #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(359): Plesk_Log::init() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(262): Plesk_Log::get() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(168): Plesk_Log::log('panel', 3, '"/var/log/plesk...') #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(26): Plesk_Log::err('"/var/log/plesk...') #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(13): report_crash('"/var/log/plesk...', Array, 'Zend_Controller...', 500, Object(Zend_Controller_Exception)) #6 [internal function]: plesk_exception_handler(Object(Zend_Controller_Exception)) #7 {main} thrown (Stream.php:81)

And after:
Error: "/var/log/plesk/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"
Checked the file permissions, they are:
Code:
-rw-r----- 1 psaadm root 5226 Sep 20 04:40 /var/log/plesk/panel.log

There was probably some issue in your former upgrades/updates.

Please use:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Be aware, that this path is to the latest bootstrapper, depending on your system and updates/upgrades/patches, this path might be slightly different. If the command doesn't work for you, try "ls /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/" to list your own most recent version.

After logging out and loggin in, I now have this error message everywhere (on white page background). Only the plesk header bar shows up.

I ran the command you provided me, it was reconfiguring everything, but the error still happens. :-/
Restarting Plesk also didn't solve the error.

Last edited:
Consider running ...

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

...to force Plesk to re-install missing parts and installing the latest patches again. If this isn't working, you might as well consider opening a support - ticket ( Parallels - Support )

Can't open a support ticket, it says my Parallels Plesk 12 Web Pro Edition license key is either not valid or not eligible for email support, that's normal?

Hello,
I encountered this error last ninht. Actually, solution is very easy. You try the following code on your SSH
  • chown psaadm:root /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log
source.

Back