• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk 17, 17.5, 17.8 on CentOS 7.5 --> Yes, it works.

I can verify this too.
Google Compute Engine's Plesk Onyx with CentOS instance has updated from CentOS 7.4.1708 (Core)‬ to CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)‬ and everything seems to be working still.

Addendum:
To avoid experiencing a stunning cold sweat — those of you with SELinux enabled and enforcing may want to set it to permissive for a while until you enable new policy allowances for the new versions of services this update may install. ;-)

Last edited:
I'd like to add that we did have to restart the psa service after updating libraries. in order for Let's Encrypt (specifically cURL) to work. Else the cURL DNS resolution did not work.

We read this thread first ( our thanks to @Peter Debik ) Then looked into any potential curl errors (ours is 7.29 but backported by RHEL and was one of the accompanying yum updates) Being cautious ;) We ran yum clean all then yum update curl.x86_64 then refreshed the Plesk GUI panel update long list, which included the CentOS 7-5.1804 upgrade. We ran those updates and finally ran a server re-boot. All works perfectly for us now.

@danami FWIW On our Plesk 17.5.3 and CentOS 7.5 setup, this didn't happen i.e. /etc/httpd/conf.d/security2.conf was/is completely unaffected. Most probably...becasue we're still on mod_security-2.9.1-33.el7.art.x86_64 yet we didn't exclude it as part of the upgrade... o_O Maybe we'll have to investigate this now...

There are other things (not just the package you've mentioned) that are out of date in Plesk, but hopefully, they will correct all, or the most important things, soon. In addition, some common things are actively upgraded in 17.8.11 but remain 'as is' in 17.5.3 e.g. Roundcube 1.3.6 which is understandable really, as 17.8.11 is the current release, but all these types of things are worth checking, if people are unsure when to upgrade Plesk

Updated Centos 7 Kernel to 5.2.5, and so far no problems. It looks a lot faster subjectively dough.

Back