• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 17.8.11 + Debian 9.4 possible to get PHP 5.6 & 5.3?

bla.blub

New Pleskian
Hello,

unfortunately i still need php 5.6 and 5.3 ..... for some one sites

i just started with plesk today, and migrated already most of the sites / domains and everything is running well (http2/ftps/ssl) as far as i can tell ^^.

i even tried installing the via the console but since i'm not that used to linux/unix i just followed some tutorials and added the sury repo + installed php5.6 via console but it won´t show up in plesk.

if it matters, i could switch to ubuntu 18.04 or 16.04 if its not possible with deb 9.4 i just used it since it was the newest linux distribution with plesk preinstalled.

i hope this wasn´t already answered and i was to blind i really tryed to search the web + forum.

edit: iam using nginx as webserver (php-fpm) if it matters

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi IgorG,

Debian 9 supports only those versions of PHP that support OpenSSL 1.1, that is, 7.0+ versions.
As the possible solution try to use this method - How to enable multiple PHP versions in Plesk for Linux?

Your article only applies to Plesk 12.x not 17.x it seems.

I've commented on a similar post over here Question - use php 5.6 plesk 17.8.11 if you could please take a look.

There's conflicting information in the Docs and KB articles about 5.x on 17.8. As a hosting provider, we need 5.x to work with the newer OS versions for their long term service.

Would prefer not to have to roll manual packages or swap everything to Cloudlinux ALT-PHP (too confusing for the end-user).

Cheers.

sorry i forgot to mark it as solved, a friend helped me and after we excluded some packetes / libs we got it compiled / working.

i also marked the thread as closed thanks for all the replys

Hello, that is nice, that you got it to work. I have the same problem. Could you please send me or post the solution? I just got a new server, and need php5.6 to work on Plesk with debian 9

Jan

Hi, sadly i doubt that i can help you much since iam not that "fit" on the linux command line and with compiling software, and nearly all the work was done by my friend.

we looked at two guides and got in working in ~2-3 hours after several trys. we had to excluded some lib´s as faar as i can remember.
and we just got 5.3.29 working as fast cgi for apache.

iam not sure for what case you need it, but maybe you can make it work by using a docker file with and older lamp version.

Hello, that is nice, that you got it to work. I have the same problem. Could you please send me or post the solution? I just got a new server, and need php5.6 to work on Plesk with debian 9
Jan
On our Debian9/Plesk17.8 servers we use the PHP 5.6 packages of DEB.SURY.ORG
As the guy running this site/repository is also the maintainer of the regular/stock PHP packages of Debian and Ubuntu, these will integrate flawlessly with your system.

Unfortunately the Debian version seem to contain some dependencies, that will cause your system to also install php7.2-xxx packages from this repository and switch the default php and phar version of your Debian to v7.2. (can be switched back manually)
It will also update the "default" php-7.0 packages of Debian9 and this will cause at least a cosmetic flaw with Plesk.

The use of this repository does update the default Debian9 PHP version 7.x and with it it's minor version number. But these updates are not reflected by the Plesk PHP handler, so Plesk will not show the correct version (see screenshots), unless you manually intervene every time such an update happened.

But beside that everything seems to work fine, we use that setup in production for hundreds of sites.

Attachments

• plesk-deb9-php.png
    plesk-deb9-php.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 36
  • plesk-deb9-php-ui.png
    plesk-deb9-php-ui.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 30
This will do the trick

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
apt-get install php5.6
apt-get install php5.6-igbinary php5.6-mbstring php5.6-mcrypt php5.6-soap php5.6-redis php5.6-intl php5.6-mcrypt php5.6-mysqli php5.6-xml
apt-get install php5.6-fpm
 apt-get install php5.6-cgi
 sudo update-alternatives --config php

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname fpm-56 -path /usr/bin/php-cgi5.6 -phpini /etc/php/5.6/fpm/php.ini  -type fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php5.6 -poold /etc/php/5.6/fpm/pool.d     -service php5.6-fpm

@Dx3webs

thanks for y help :)
you need the following entry before you start install php5.6 on a Ubuntu 18 system

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

cheers

Back