• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to get memcached working

Hi alvesjc,

I don't see anything running related to memcached
You added a "module" ( = an extension ) to your corresponding php - version. This is no indenpendent process, which you could see over the proccess - list on your server. The corresponding process(es) are still the (main ) php - related processes ( i.e. "php-fpm" ). Pls. use "ps -aux | grep php", if you desire to list them on your command line. ;)

If you desire to install a "memcached - server", you would install the corresponding software package. Pls. use for example:

aptitude install memcached

... to install the "memcached - server" and configure it over the configuration file "/etc/memcached.conf" ( you might notice, that you can choose the PORT and IP here, which will then answer your question, WHAT you would add, when the question comes up to add the address of the memcached server. ;) ). Afterwards, you would start the "memcached - server" with the command "/etc/init.d/memcached start" or "service memcached start" - which you then could see in process - list with the example command: ps -aux | grep memcache

Ok, so they are two diferent things if I understand right.

So, how can I test if memcached is working without the server part?

Or I just have an incomplete instalation?

replying to your request:

root@server:~# ps -aux | grep php
root 1202 0.0 1.7 347584 17588 ? Ss 20:17 0:00 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf)
root 2225 0.0 0.9 412576 10060 ? Ss 20:17 0:00 php-fpm: master process (/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf)
root 5534 0.0 0.0 11748 936 pts/0 S+ 22:15 0:00 grep --color=auto php
root@server:~#

I've installed the memcached (apt-get install memcached) and it started when instalation finished.

Setting up memcached (1.4.14-0ubuntu9.1) ...
Starting memcached: memcached.
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
root@server:~# ps -aux | grep -v grep | grep memcached
memcache 8380 0.0 1.9 343820 19768 ? Sl 23:42 0:00 /usr/bin/memcached -m 64 -p 11211 -u memcache -l 127.0.0.1
root@server:~#

Prestashop BO now sucessfully tested the memcached server connection and activated it.
Also the php cache test worked as mentioned in Magento howto page.

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/memcache/memcache_ubuntu.html
http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/memcache/memcache_ubuntu.html
Thank you!! ;)

Back