• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 6.5.2 Upgrade to 7

S

smilinmike

When I try to run the Plesk 7 installer on my system running Plesk 6.5 I get a message stating that the installer found 6.5 on my machine and I should uninstall 6.5 or use the migration program to install Plesk 7.

My questions are:

1. If I uninstall Plesk 6.5 what happens to all of the existing websites and Mail Accounts? Are they deleted or do they remain for when I install 7? Note: I am also running MailEnable Pro on this server.

2. What is the migration program?

Thanks,

All replys appreciated.

I'm also in the same situation.

How can I update to Plesk 7 for Windows from Plesk 6.5.2 with minimal downtime?

Maybe backing up 6.5 and restoring it to 7 installation might work.. I dont know yet.. I'll test it monday on a test server.. I'dont recommend anyone to try that on a real server..

I sent a request to SW Soft on this last week, I will post details here when I hear a response.

Matt

Just got a respons back from plesk support.

Code:
Hello,

It is inpossible now. Migrations utility is tested and should be avaible in three weeks.

-- 
Thanks,

Is impossible? Backup and Restore will not work then, right?

That's what I made of it. ;)
So I'll take it easy for the next 3 weeks until they release a migration tool.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the release of the migration program.

Originally posted by sebastian
Just got a respons back from plesk support.

Code:
Migrations utility is tested and should be avaible in three weeks.

I heard 'very soon' & wasn't expecting to wait THAT long.

For my sake, they can spen the next 6 weeks as long as they get it right the first time. ;)

I would just hate having to spend a lot of time recovering backups because the migration utility ****ed up.

:)

I am the same situation with you I wanna update it to 7

but how:) also we couldn't take backups becouse when we will reload it to the server it won't run becouse of history. permissions client info and this kind of things.

I think I must write a program for plesk. about this like a modül

regards

Technolojik.net - com System Admin
Semih AVCI

Back