• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.15 Reloaded - API Scripting

G

gRoberts

Hi there guys,

I'm currently on a shared host, mixed with both windows and unix. so ensim and plesk control panels.

I am creating a custom control panel for my customers as plesk and ensim would totally phreak them out.

Can any one suggest how I can change passwords on pop accounts add alias's add accounts etc, without having to use the control panel its self?

All using ASP btw

Thanks

Gav

Well back a year or 2 .. maybe even three.. can't remember too well.. all blends together.. i wrote a perl admin script that could admin any email box on the server by changing password and stuff, updated plesk and qmail with information so did not kill something else in the process.

My suggestion would be to research poppasswd / .qmail control files (if qmail is installed) and then go look in /var/qmail/users/assign AND /var/qmail/users/poppasswd

You will have to read qmail manual on how to reload the qmail db to reflect the new user information.

You will also have to learn qmail directory structure so when you create new user you can create all directories and files.

Hope that informaiton helps. I know how to do it but explaining it in a way that you can understand would require me almost programming it for you so best i can do is lead you down the path.

Hey mate,

Great, only one issue, with it being shared i do not have access to the plesk files, with it being on a shared server. As long as I can use form requests ( asp or some other coding ) and a session to identify the user, making it safer.

Just a pain having to receive mail when some one wants a new e-mail address or alias, or they want to change passwords. I want it so that its the easiest experience for the user. No control panel like plesk or ensim to learn, as all they will be doing is checking their mail using my webmail ( I created ) sending mail etc, but of course if they encounter anything whilst on the move they can change this via their mobile device ( pda, phone, smartphone, pretty much any device that allows HTML browsing ).

My host, who I know very well has a solution but this costs £99 a month ( dedicated server ).

Gav

Back