• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved XML API Proxmox Acme Plugin Failure

seek1338

New Pleskian
Hi,

my Server:
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58_build1800240123.15 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Web Admin Edition

I want to use the DNS plugin "pleskxml" from Acme to order lets encrypt certificates over proxmox and make a dns auth over my plesk server where my domain is managed by the plex dns.

I used my admin data for the plugin:
pleskxml_uri=https://url-of-the-webserver:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php
pleskxml_user=admin
pleskxml_pass=admin-passwort

but when i try to order a certificate i get this error:
Proxmox ErrorLog:
Loading ACME account details
Placing ACME order
Order URL: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/123******/123******

Getting authorization details from 'https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/312123*****'
The validation for url-of-the-webserver is pending!
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:22 CET 2024] Entering dns_pleskxml_add() to add TXT record 'L1t5tcBkmQ_nV-************' to domain '_acme-challenge.url-of-the-webserver'...
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:22 CET 2024] The POST request was successfully sent to the Plesk server.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:22 CET 2024] The error responses received from the Plesk server were:
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:22 CET 2024] Status: error
Error code: 1023
Error text: You cannot manage customers due to license restrictions.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:22 CET 2024] The Plesk XML API call failed.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] The POST request was successfully sent to the Plesk server.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] The error responses received from the Plesk server were:
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] Status: error
Error code: 1023
Error text: You cannot manage customers due to license restrictions.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] The Plesk XML API call failed.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] Cannot find '_acme-challenge.url-of-the-webserver' or any parent domain of it, in Plesk.
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] Are you sure that this domain is managed by this Plesk server?
[Thu Feb 29 14:07:23 CET 2024] Error add txt for domain:_acme-challenge.url-of-the-webserver
TASK ERROR: command 'setpriv --reuid nobody --regid nogroup --clear-groups --reset-env -- /bin/bash /usr/share/proxmox-acme/proxmox-acme setup pleskxml url-of-the-webserver' failed: exit code 1

I was once on a higher Licence with Reseller config, but now im on Web Admin Edition, i tried the system user of the domain it self, but than i get an error that the domain is unknown. I also createt a User for this Domain only but get the same error.

Maybe someone can give me a hint how to fix the "You cannot manage customers due to license restrictions" the Problem?

thank you.

best regards,
Seek

Maybe this one would help another person's who have the same problem:

I wanted to share the solution I found in case others run into the same problem. The issue stemmed from Proxmox 7.4 using an older version of the Plesk DNS plugin, which utilizes the XML API request:
Code:
<packet>
    <customer>
        <get-domain-list>
            <filter/>
        </get-domain-list>
    </customer>
</packet>

This request resulted in an error message stating: "You cannot manage customers due to license restrictions."

To address this, I found an updated version of the Plesk DNS plugin on the official acme.sh GitHub repository (git-hub-url/acmesh-official/acme.sh/blob/master/dnsapi/dns_pleskxml.sh). By replacing the old plugin located at "/usr/share/proxmox-acme/dnsapi/dns_pleskxml.sh" with the new one, the issue was resolved, and orders went through successfully.

It's worth mentioning that this fix might already be implemented in the latest Proxmox 8 version, although I haven't personally confirmed this.

Also maybe a helping advice:
For those interested in enabling debug output to aid in troubleshooting similar issues, you can modify the "proxmox-acme" file located at "/usr/share/proxmox-acme/proxmox-acme". Within the setup function, change:
Code:
#  DEBUG=$3
  DEBUG=1
This adjustment will generate detailed debug output within Proxmox, although there might be alternative methods to achieve this. Remember to revert this change afterward and always create backups of modified files.

I hope this helps anyone encountering similar challenges with the Plesk DNS plugin in Proxmox 7.4 :)

best regards,
Seek

Back