• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.1 Released!

W

webadmin

SWsoft has released to the 7.5 Updater a 7.5.1 Patch for correcting a number of known issues. It is highly recommended that you update your existing 7.5.0 installations to 7.5.1.

7.5.1 Corrections

1. [-] "Reject mail to nonexistent user" option does not block mailing lists work.
2. [-] Domain user permissions are kept during password change.
3. [-] Problem with domain with database users rename is resoved.
4. [-] Autoresponder works properly.
5. [-] Problem with SuexecUserGroup directive absence is resolved.
6. [*] Lock screen can be disabled.
7. [-] SMTPS works.
8. [-] packagemng reliability improved.
9. [*] Control Panel PHP version changed to 4.3.10 (security vulnerability fixed).

Legend:
[+] new feature
[-] bug fixed or removed
[*] bug fixed and improvement made

update to 7.5.1 failed

While using the auto updater in plesk this error is generated in the email sent after trying to update to 7.5.1:

Retrieving Plesk files
1. Downloading http://autoinstall.plesk.com//PSA_7.../base/psa-7.5.1-fc2.build75041216.15.i586.rpm (17 files to go)

File download failed.
Failed writing body

I then tried to manually download plesk7.5.1 and install it off the command line and i get this error:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.0-fc2.build75041208.20
psa-api-common = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-1.3.2-3
psa-locale-base = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-pre-7.5.0-fc2.build75041125.15

How can i update to 7.5.1?

Try issuing the following commands:

1. Login as Root
  2. cd psa
  3. cd PSA_7.5.1
  4. cd rpm_RedHat_9 (Switch this to your own OS if you use something besides RH9)
  5. cd base
  6. rpm -Uvh * ../opt/bu/*
    [/list=1]

That should install Plesk 7.5.1 with the backup utilities and resolve the dependancy error you've listed above.

<9. [*] Control Panel PHP version changed to 4.3.10 (security vulnerability fixed).>

Is there any serius vulnerability holes with Control Panel before this upgrade???

zdravo sarajlijo :)

Yes, there are security problems with php 4.3.9, which is the version that admin cp server used to have. More details are available here

Originally posted by Who-m3

That should install Plesk 7.5.1 with the backup utilities and resolve the dependancy error you've listed above.
After I did it like that I got some dependancy errors again:

Code:
error: Failed dependencies:
        psa = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-manual-custom-skin-guide-7.5.0-suse9.1.build75041208.07
        psa-api-common = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-1.3.2-3
        psa-locale-base = 7.5.0 is needed by (installed) psa-pre-7.5.0-suse9.1.build75041125.15
maybe any solutions for that? i'm new to plesk and glad for help :)
thx

edit
i finally solved the problem by adding the --nodeps attribute to the rpm commandline and installing the packages manuall (esp. local-base).
after that the plesk auto-updater did the rest as it was supposed to do :)

Dennis

Plesk 7.5.1 for FreeBSD

I am still waiting for 7.5.1 to be released for FreeBSD. Sw-soft have announced 7.5.1 release for FreeBSD in December - will the release keep it's schedule?

Re: Plesk 7.5.1 for FreeBSD

Originally posted by lhenor
I am still waiting for 7.5.1 to be released for FreeBSD. Sw-soft have announced 7.5.1 release for FreeBSD in December - will the release keep it's schedule?
It's better to have a bug free version in Januari instead of a version with bugs now ;)

Re: Plesk 7.5.1 for FreeBSD

Originally posted by lhenor

Ofcourse it wont!
We're all waiting for the Debian release for months now, and every time when we are getting near a release date, its postponed.
According to the 'latest' date, it'll be next week....sure.
So I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you

I followed the steps outlined in post #3 by who-m3 but my php version still displays as 4.3.7-re2.3ES.1 instead of 4.3.10.

How can I get my php updated to the latest version?

The PHP version included in the SW-Soft Plesk 7.5.1 is the version for the Admin Control Panel only. To update your box php, the php used throughout the system, you'll need to update the php rpm itself.

I'd suggest ART (www.AtomicRocketTurtle.Com) and the Yum Archives to you. He's got rpm's left and right, massive space used for his Archives, and he seems like a really good guy. He's got everything from RH 7.3 to RHEL3. Pretty sure he'll have what you're looking for.

Back