• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.3 Qmail setup to relay for a server

I

Inaba

I'm not sure what even to search for regarding this. I tried a few things, but couldn't get any useful results back, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

Here's what I have:

A personal mail server running Exim on an internal network (though it does have a public IP, but no reverse DNS). I use this server to send/receive email for my email accounts since I have full control over it, it's easier than switching my SMTP host when I move to different networks.

What I want to do:

I want to setup the above server to relay all SMTP stuff not bound for my email addresses on that box to my Plesk 7.5.3 Qmail setup. I want that QMail to accept the relayed messages and send them out as appropriate, since the Plesk server has a valid RDNS.

So basically, what I want is to use my personal mail machine as a cerntralized SMTP that accepts incoming messages for my domain(s) (cowmail.org primarily) and delivers them to the appropraite email boxes. When I send messages, I want to connect via SMTP to cowmail.org (my personal mail machine), have it accept mail from me, and then send it directly to my Plesk box for distribution to the greater internet. So the only machine cowmail.org should be talking to for outgoing connections would be the Plesk box.

How do I setup Plesks' Qmail to accept relays from cowmail.org? If anyone has any tips on how to get Exim to send only to the Plesk box, unless it's for local delivery, that'd be great too... but I think I have that part worked out. I mainly just need to setup Qmail on the Plesk box to accept my incoming connections for relaying.

Back