• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.3 -> Upgrade FAILS -> HELP!

A

aernative

Trying to install -
Base packages of Plesk Jan 28, 2005 May 6, 2005

The upgrade fails leaving mysql down which effectrively halts evey site on the server with over 1000 unique sessions daily this is a realy problem...

I restarted mysql using "inid.d/mysqld restart" looking at the logs in tmp i found the following towards the end of the autoinstaller.log -

Preparing for packages installation...Error reading info for conflict check of installed package (null).
Error reading info for conflict check of installed package (null).

----- begin of output -----
Installing sharutils-4.2.1-18.1.FC2.i386.rpm
warning: /var/psa/PSA_7.5.3/FC2_std.updates/sharutils-4.2.1-18.1.FC2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
Installing mysql-server-3.23.58-16.FC2.1.i386.rpm
Installing mysql-3.23.58-16.FC2.1.i386.rpm
warning: /var/psa/PSA_7.5.3/FC2_std.updates/mysql-server-3.23.58-16.FC2.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
packagemng: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
packagemng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

System error 2: No such file or directory

Appears the upgrade of mysql is failing...

Anyone got a soloution for this?

I don't have the solution, but next time wait about 3 weeks before you update. swsoft is not good about updating correctly. I would also stay away from the updater within plesk and manually upgrade.

Anyone out there have a fix for aernative's problem??

Thanks,
poke

Originally posted by aernative

I get rid out of this problem by replacing /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng with the /bin/true before the upgrade :) Looks everything works correctly for now (this utility was automatically replaced with the one from 7.5.3 distrubition after upgrade). AFAIU, packagemng updates the installed component list, and it's a pretty useless to update this list in package uninstallation during upgrade :)

Back