• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 on ART

D

DoobyWho

When does he normally release the latest plesk into the ART library?

Thanks.

It usually depends on how busy he is with other projects. But in general he's usually fairly quick.

Scott's working on a few things =) -- PSA v7.5.4 has changed up quite a few structural things that have called for some fixes...

Yes, it's understandable. 4PSA has also had to rewrite all their addons as well. This happens everytime there are significant changes to a software, although I personally think that Plesk should have bumped the version up like to 7.6.0 instead of just the .3 to .4

7.5.3 to 7.5.4 should have been just 'a few minor bug fixes', but with the number of additional changes and recoding the interface to PHP5, that should have been enough to warrant bumping it to at least 7.6.0 (my opinion)

I generally monitor the forums for a bit after a new release to get a feel for the kinds of issues a new release causes.

Have had one of one successfull upgrade from psa-7.5.2 --> psa-7.5.4. I'm running CentOS-3.5, and used psa's release for RHEL3.. Still running mysql-3.23.58 :p

The upgrade was done manually.. and had NO problems...

I've also helped a friend who upgarded a debian server.. went smooth.. only issue was the dns for each domain were turned off.. no idea if this was because of plesk or the admin... :p

The thing I found on 2 server upgrades Scott is that your qmail-scanner has to be removed. Maildrop creates a problem. Other than that, on my RH 9 boxes things are smooth.

For fun I installed CentOS 4.1 on a box and installed 7.5.4 with no problems after changing the redhat-release file.

Scott, are you working on CentOS 4 updates as well?

Only issue I had was having to restart mysql (4.0.25 ART) and psa-spamassassin from SSH.

No problems experienced otherwise.

Scott is the sh!t!!! I've updated a VPS to 7.5.4 with no problems at all with ART's RPMs.

Make sure to donate to atomic rocket turtle!

Back