1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 7.5.4 on ART

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by DoobyWho, Aug 24, 2005.

1. DoobyWho

DoobyWho Guest

When does he normally release the latest plesk into the ART library?

Thanks.

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

It usually depends on how busy he is with other projects. But in general he's usually fairly quick.

3. CCHickman

CCHickman Regular Pleskian

40%
    Scott's working on a few things =) -- PSA v7.5.4 has changed up quite a few structural things that have called for some fixes...

4. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Yes, it's understandable. 4PSA has also had to rewrite all their addons as well. This happens everytime there are significant changes to a software, although I personally think that Plesk should have bumped the version up like to 7.6.0 instead of just the .3 to .4

7.5.3 to 7.5.4 should have been just 'a few minor bug fixes', but with the number of additional changes and recoding the interface to PHP5, that should have been enough to warrant bumping it to at least 7.6.0 (my opinion)

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

I generally monitor the forums for a bit after a new release to get a feel for the kinds of issues a new release causes.

6. Griffith

Griffith Guest

Have had one of one successfull upgrade from psa-7.5.2 --> psa-7.5.4. I'm running CentOS-3.5, and used psa's release for RHEL3.. Still running mysql-3.23.58 :p

The upgrade was done manually.. and had NO problems...

I've also helped a friend who upgarded a debian server.. went smooth.. only issue was the dns for each domain were turned off.. no idea if this was because of plesk or the admin... :p

7. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    The thing I found on 2 server upgrades Scott is that your qmail-scanner has to be removed. Maildrop creates a problem. Other than that, on my RH 9 boxes things are smooth.

For fun I installed CentOS 4.1 on a box and installed 7.5.4 with no problems after changing the redhat-release file.

Scott, are you working on CentOS 4 updates as well?

8. phatPhrog

phatPhrog Guest

Only issue I had was having to restart mysql (4.0.25 ART) and psa-spamassassin from SSH.

No problems experienced otherwise.

9. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

10. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    Good stuff!
    Thanks for all of your work Scott.

11. poke

poke Guest

Scott is the sh!t!!! I've updated a VPS to 7.5.4 with no problems at all with ART's RPMs.

Make sure to donate to atomic rocket turtle!

12. DoobyWho

DoobyWho Guest

awesome - please let us know when they are out of testing!

13. acidbox

acidbox Guest

Any chance that the PHP 5 rpms for 7.5.4 will become stable in the near future?