• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

[Plesk 7.5] cgi-bin issuse with "alien" files

S

stratofan

Hello there,

having trouble to call *.css and *.png files from within the cgi-bin dir. Everytime i call them, the server gets me an 500 because he wants to execute them.
How can i "fix" this problem.. maybe by altering the vhosts.conf

thx.

stratofan

i think it isn't a problem of the scripts paths, because the files are wrong interpreted by apache.

In the script the paths are relative, because they are url's to images used in the html output of the script.

but if u call for example: http://www.myserver.de/cgi-bin/gif.gif it gives an 500 error instead of displaying the image.

the permission of the graphic files are on 644 but he's still giving me the 500... :-( some ideas?

still needing a solution for the problem.. any suggestions?

dont use cgi-bin for images

Originally posted by stratofan
i think it isn't a problem of the scripts paths, because the files are wrong interpreted by apache.

In the script the paths are relative, because they are url's to images used in the html output of the script.

but if u call for example: http://www.myserver.de/cgi-bin/gif.gif it gives an 500 error instead of displaying the image.

I dont suggest puting images on the cgi bin folder. try put the images outside the cgi-bin folder and give them a full path or a relative to your document. see if that works.

that works fine of course, but in this case i have an other problem: the scripts uses includes the images and the css in a html output, that allone wouldn't be a problem, if the script wouldn't include the paths in some complex if-clauses it would be to hard to change them all.

Back