• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5 in fedora box

T

Tayeb

Dear friends:

I request help in troubleshooting a problem with Pleask 7.5. It won't start with the following error:

ERROR: Unable to query: Can't find file: 'sessions.MYD' (errno: 2) 0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:177 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Can't find file: 'sessions.MYD' (errno: 2)") 1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Session.php:321 db_query(string "select * from sessions where sess_id="24b3e05a944277c8af9f697c8f55d20e" and click_time >= NOW() - INTERVAL 1800 SECOND") 2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Session.php:266 session->isexpired() 3: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:140 session->init(string "81.193.225.51")

How can I restore it?

I look forward in hearing from you.

Tayeb

Further to my post when I start plesk manuallly I get the following error viewing in shell sshd:

Error 1005:at line 1: Can't create table './psa/sessions' (errno 28:)

Please help whoever has passed through this problem.

Tahnsk in advance.

Tayeb
from sunny Portugal

This is a Mysql error, usually caused by your servers hard drive being 100% full.

Mysql attempts to write to a sesisons table constantly which is why this table is usually affected first. However with no hard drive space left, it writes only a portion of the data affectively crashing the table.

It actually leaves the table in an open (being written to state)

To repair this, first make sure your hard drive is not full by logging into an SSH window as root and typeing:

# df -h

The largest partition is usually the main drive. If your hard drive is full, remove files to make space or this fix is pointless.

To repair the table do the following (assuming your on Linux FC 1 otherwise the directories may be different):

1. log into the server via SSH as root
# cd /var/lib/mysql/psa <hit enter>
# mysql -uadmin -p <hit enter>
# type in your plesk admin password <hit enter>
mysql> \u psa <hit enter>
mysql> REPAIR TABLE sessions; <hit enter>

You should be presented with something like this:

+--------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| psa.sessions | repair | status | OK |
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

Congratulations your all done

Hit cntl-c twice to exit mysql command line interface.

Dear Clifton:

Thanks for your prompt response. When I do:

mydsql> \upsa

I get:

Reading table information for completion of table and column names. You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Didn't find any fields in table 'sessions'
Database changed

And then when I do:

mysql> TABLE REPAIR sessions;

I get the following error:

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' TABLE REPAIR sessions' at line 1

So I didn't get the same results. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Tayeb

Dear Clifton:

I found it didn't work because there was slight syntax difference. Where it says:

mysql> TABLE REPAIR sessions;

it should be

mysql> REPAIR TABLE sessions;

Tayeb
in sunny Portugal

Yes, sorry was in a hurry to reply to this had a customer in the office and i accidentally transposed the instructions.

I edited my original post for anyone that happens on it and i thank you for the correction.

Glad you got your corrupt tables fixed.

Was it a full hard drive that was causing your issues?

Dear Clifton:

The server's hard disk was full. Just cleared old logs and followed your instructions.

I was going to ask for help from Plesk's Support, your response saved me some money, so I owe you a meal when you ever visit Portugal.

My ISP didn't know how to solve the problem though I informed them that it was propabably happening because the hard disk seemded to be full. We were getting contradictory results with df and du shell commands.

Best regards,
Tayeb
in sunny Portugal

hi

I had the same problem.

I walked through those steps, yet I was present with this:

psa.sessions | repair | error | Can't find file: 'sessions.MYD' (errno: 2)

help.

issue resolved.

my mysql db got corrupted because my hard disk got to 100%.

this is what fixed it:

CREATE TABLE sessions (
sess_id CHAR(33) PRIMARY KEY -- cookie value
, type SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL -- session type (IS_ADMIN, IS_RESELLER, IS_CLIENT...)
, login VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL
, ip_address char(15) NOT NULL -- IP Address number in a dot notation
, login_time DATETIME NOT NULL
, click_time TIMESTAMP NOT NULL
) TYPE=INNODB;

Back