• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7 API?

Theoretically, the calls should be able to be made via ASP.Net without any problems. Since the XML schema has been provided, you simply make a call to the web server with the described headings, and as long as your XML document is formed to the necessary requirements, it should perform the action and return it.

The nice thing about this is that you do not need any database access or anything. Anything can talk in XML. I'm currently working on somethinb along the same lines that the two of you are talking about with the API docs that Jaytee so graciously provided earlier in this thread.

I would recommend looking through those.

Originally posted by Whitech
Theoretically, the calls should be able to be made via ASP.Net without any problems. Since the XML schema has been provided, you simply make a call to the web server with the described headings, and as long as your XML document is formed to the necessary requirements, it should perform the action and return it.

The nice thing about this is that you do not need any database access or anything. Anything can talk in XML. I'm currently working on somethinb along the same lines that the two of you are talking about with the API docs that Jaytee so graciously provided earlier in this thread.

I would recommend looking through those.

Am I not right in saying that this XML API will only work if you have a valid Expand lince key installed onto each of the Plesk servers that you want to communicate with?

Originally posted by jaytee
As far as I know, Expand Agent is included in Plesk install, and Expand Control Panel uses XML to talk to this agent. So you can use it to do whatever Expand can.

If you are interested, I think I can find the info regarding XML scheme for Expand Agent and the protocol used.

From what I understand... jaytee stated that the agent should be included on all Plesk installs. Is this correct? I plan on starting my project for testing this weekend, so that is why I have claimed everything "in theory" at this point.

Any clarificaiton in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, but I am pretty sure that each Plesk install must have the Expand license key installed on it - regardless of whether you use expand or the XML API.

Anyone care to confirm this?

i expect a Expand license should be installed, however, you really need to ask swsoft.

Guess they could also turn a round in the future rewrite the code so the api is disabled unless a valid license is installed. :(

AndiC_UK

Hmm, I was pretty sure I've answered this before.

In short, you don't need Expand licenses to use this, and in the future we are not going to change that - to the contrary, we want to keep API as open as possible.

No, I mean I thought I answered it here in this thread right away - but when I revisited it today I found nothing. Guess I was really going to answer, but something distracted me before I've sent it.

How is your integration project, do you need any more info on Plesk APIs?

Back