• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7 backup failure

C

CattleDog

I had started out the weekend with the goal of upgrading from plesk 6.5.2 to 7.5.1 and only made it to 7.0.3 before I ran into problems. Everything was going smoothly until the plesk 7 migrator tool displayed the error message during the restoring control panel settings step:

Run-Time Error: Failed to create scheduler collection object.

I reran the migrator tool a few times and it always stopped at the same point, even after a system reboot. Not wanting to uninstall and go back to 6.5.2 I launched the plesk control panal and logged in. It seemed all of my settings were restored which I soon found out they were not. While the settings showed up in the control panel they were clearly not set somewhere because no web site or email worked. I had to go through each control panel page and reapply all the settings and then everything seemed to be working fine. This included recreating all of the DNS entries for each domain.

Since everything seemed to be working OK I continued on to try and get to 7.5.1. Next I ran the plesk 7 backup utility (not from the control panel from the start menu) and this is where I am stuck now. The backup fails and it locks me out of the control panel which requires a reboot of the server each time to get back in. I am not upgrading to 7.5 until I have a successful backup. Here is the error message I receive when the backup fails.

Unable to execute "websrvmng' --get-sebdomain-performance --vhost-name=xxxxxxxx.com --sudomain=beta';

Run-Time error: Can't query SELECT s.dom_id, s.sys_user_type, s.name, u.login, a.password, s.coldfusion,s.ssi, s.php, s.cgi, s.perl, s.python, s.asp, s.asp_dot_det, s.fg, s.fp_enable FROM subdomains s, sys_users u LEFT OUTER JOIN accounts a ON a.id = u.account_id WHERE u.id = s.sys_user_id and (s.dom_id = '7') and (s.name = 'beta'): MySQL error 1054:Unknown column 's.fp' in 'field list' 1

I figured out that this is related to the settings for the subdomain "beta" that I have created for one of the websites that I host. The website works fine but when I try to edit the settings for the subdomain from the plesk control panel I get the same error message above and get locked out of the control panel requiring a reboot again.

I tried to remove the subdomain from the control panel and get the same error message.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Just delete all the stopped websites from IIS and also check path for all the websites present in the IIS by right clicking on it....if the path is not defined...u will not be able to veiw the properties.....delete them too...this will fix your issue.

Back