• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0 and OScommerce

R

robstarox

Plesk 8 on fedora core 4 with php5 , OS commerce does not work. Is this a fact or is there a work around?

The problem isnt Plesk 8, oscommerce has not made a release since november of 2003 and therefore is not compatible with php 5.

My recommendation is to not use oscommece to begin with as it is extremely difficult to get indexed into search engines.

Several modules such as the all products contribution, chemos ultimate SEO URL's contribution, the meta tag controller and so on are missing from it.

A better alternative is to use one of the extended versions of osc, most of them have at least 40 other mods added to them already and are extremely SEO friendly. Besodes that they are all php 5 and mysql 4 compatible, where stock osc isnt.

If you want to go the hard road though, there are fixes to get stock osc to work with php 5, but considering that it doesnt come with any mods, whats the point?

Originally posted by robstarox
Plesk 8 on fedora core 4 with php5 , OS commerce does not work. Is this a fact or is there a work around?

Yeah, it's a PHP5 issue.

I've been having good luck with Joomla and Virtue Cart.

Also (but I'm not certain) Zen Cart should work pretty well. Though I haven't tried it on php5.

Back