• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0 causes server crash once every 1-3 days.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be upgrading anytime soon...

It's already a huge mess. I think I might have to do some testing in some offline environments before I decide to tinker around production that's already half-broken.

I was actually hoping that someone else would have done it by now and can provide some feedback as to their results.

I'll have to think things over and see if I can come up with a plan.

I'll let you know.

What linux distro and kernel version is everyone here running?

I'm running 2.6.14 SMP on Fedora Core 1.

You can check the kernel version by running 'uname -a' in SSH.

I'm going to try to see if I can re-produce the problem...

i'm running:

86 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
psa v8.0.1_build80061203.19 os_FedoraCore 4

It restarts so many times a day its rediculous!
Sometimes it doesnt come back up and I have to reboot from recovery mode.

I am DONE with this after this week. I havent had time but I will be moving to a RedHat box and manually manage it without plesk. I only have 2 sites on the server anyway.

UGH!

It doesn't look like your issue is related to mine then, fishnyc22.

My server will halt when attempting a restore on a domain through the Backup Manager. If you only have 2 sites, there's no way clients are trying to restore a domain so often and triggering the problem.

You're better off without a control panel if you're only hosting 2 sites anyways.

After having 4psa perform a plesk update from 8.0.1 to 8.1 ( I will not do an upgrade any longer, never works out)

My very reliable server is now crashing every 40-60 hours. I have 4psa working on it but so far not resolved.

I have an new server set up with 8.1.1 and have now found I cannot
get the migration manager to work with the server that is crashing
I get this error
WHERE ds.id = db.db_server_id AND db.id = 56
'undef' value passed to XmlNode::addAttribute for 'type' at XmlNode.pm line 61.

So I guess I need swsoft to fix (have support contract as well)
so I can get the sites off the 8.1 system.

I am tiring of the expense that this cp needs to keep working.
why it takes two tech support teams to make this work is beyond me.

sorry for the venting... just extremely frustrated.

Chuck

The same trouble...

I have the same trouble. I have 2 servers: one with a large amount of work and other with a poor traffic and without work, only a little bit.

The worse is that its impossible to find a solution in SWSOFT forums. Are the same users who discussed the solutions or actions to do.

Every day i have a worse opinion about this software. Ah! and the plesk is not a 8.0, its a 8.2.1. And the trouble is the same :mad:

I don't think we will find a solution for this.

Bye.

Back